“Excellent food and especially service!”
Review of Wok On Downie - CLOSED

Wok On Downie
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Best asian food in Stratford, hands down. Lots to choose from, great flavours and all served up by two of the friendliest people you'll ever meet. I can't recommend Wok On Downie enough.

londonricecooker, Owner at Wok On Downie, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hello Happy customer,

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate the accolades.

We are curious about what dishes you tried that made you love our restaurant so much?

Stratford is a very competitive town to run a restaurant in and your compliments flatter us but we accept them with humble gratitude. I hope that you come back again and work your way through our fresh menu.

It is very easy to be nice to nice customers who come in hungry rather then hangry (hungry and angry)

Best regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had lunch today with my Mom and my sister for my birhday
The owners /chef/hostess/were two of the nicest people we have met anywhere and the food was outstanding
We had a lunch special which was Spring Rolls and a delicious large and very filling soup(sorry cant remember the exact name) and it was perfect for a very cold wintery day!!!
It is so refreshing to go to a restaurant that is so welcoming from the moment you enter the front door and the service was very attentive
We will definetly be returning and will bring family and friends to experience this wonderful restaurant!!!
Fantastic

londonricecooker, Owner at Wok On Downie, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

This is a very nice review and we appreciate your kind words. With pleasant customers it is easy to be kind in return.

The soup that you are referring to is called Wor Wonton Soup. It is one of the house specials here at the WOD and we take great but humble pride in our soup. We do not use any powdered concentrate or MSG in our soup rather it is made as a stock and then seasoned to the enjoyment of a growing number of WOD'ers.

The Wor Wonton soup - as you can attest to - is a meal unto itself and takes care of a rumbly tumbly..

We hope to see you again soon for some more soup or to try more of our fresh ingredient menu.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Great place to eat. The Szechuan Pork is the best I've had. They make all their own sauces and I am totally addicted!!! The Cashew Chicken is my husband's favourite. I also suggest the Ginger Chicken or the Lemon Chicken...can't get enough of this menu. Having our Christmas Party there!

Hello Bark of the Town,

Thank you for your kind words and for having your organizations Xmas party at our establishment. In a town with anywhere up to 100 restaurants available to choose from it was our honour to have been your hosts for such an event.

We are always looking to improve on what we are doing here at the WOD and greatly appreciate your continued patronage and support for what we do here.

Stratford is a very tourism oriented town but it is seasonal, leaving 5 months of the year to survive without people coming to see the Shakespeare Festival and Stratford in general.

Without the support of local customers like yourself it would be difficult to survive the winter here. Once again Thank you. Hope to see you again for your favourites or even something altogether new.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Service was great! Food was wonderful, pad thai I think was best in Stratford, had some spice unlike some others in town, very very friendly owner, on his personality alone i'd go back but food puts it on the top

londonricecooker, Owner at Wok On Downie, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

We love to hear feedback from our customers especially when it's so positive. This is a well appreciated review as we seem to have done well in meeting your expectations. This presents an important junction in our relationship with customers. The first time you come in you have no expectations of all the things we need to be good at, but upon your return for a second visit....expectations increase.

Yui and I work our tails off, I say modestly that we work about 75 hours a week every week. But we are having a blast. The food is fun to make with my enormous wok and the quality of every single dish is important to us. Sounds a bit like bragging but it's not really - we are just proud of surviving in a tough town to survive in, in total there are close to 100 restaurants in Stratford with a population of 32000 people. EGADS. I want to thank you for your patronage and assure you we will hope to surpass your expectations the next time you take a Wok on Down-ie

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I visited on a Friday at lunchtime and found the food and the service to be excellent. Large selection and quick service. The Pad Thai and Orange Pork was fabulous and the Owner/Chef was very meticulous with the preparation and quality that they offered. Great value and a lovely reastaurant, definately a return visit is planned!

londonricecooker, Owner at Wok On Downie, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Very nice review. It is appreciated.

We aren't licensed and we don't have linen tablecloths, heck we don't have any kind of tablecloth.

We love what we are doing - Bilbo - which allows us to make good fresh even healthy Asian food in a clean casual setting.

(Your name - Bilbo Baggins makes me think of the upcoming movie The Hobbit!!!)

Hope to see you again soon - maybe before going out to see a great movie -

Regards,