“Loved the Name”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Loved the Name”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The food was lacking. Not bad for small town Ontario. Tried takeout this time. Maybe next time we will visit in person

Visited September 2012
londonricecooker, Owner at Wok On Downie, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Glad you like the name of our restaurant but unfortunately you didn't share the same enthusiasm for the food. You indicate the food was lacking but didn't mention what you had to eat?

If you would be willing to share the particulars of our shortcoming to your palette and what you weren't impressed with, we can look at that item and see if there is something that can be done to improve that particular dish.

We have a brisk take-out business as well as a casual but comfortable dining room, but with take-out there are many factors that can affect the foods quality. Most notably time from being prepared to time being consumed.

There is no substitute to dining in with regards to hot, fresh and tasty factors. I appreciate your honesty with regards to your review and hope that you will give us a try in the restaurant and see if we are able to not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Stratford ON Canada
“Love it”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I live in Stratford and have dined in every restaurant here and this is the only one that I try to get to weekly. Yui and Brian (owners,cooks,hosts they do it all) are wonderful- as soon as they see me I am greeted with a smile and a "was the food hot enough last time". I love all the dishes but in particular the Pad See ew (I know I just butchered that spelling sorry). Make sure you stop in and if you are so inclined ask for extra spicy.

• Visited October 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We make every dish one at a time so can spice up any particular dish to each individuals liking.

We are fortunate to be building up a solid following of local diners to our restaurant and quite a few come in on at least a weekly basis for their personal favourite from our Chinese and Thai menu.

My partner Yui, even made a "Canadian" offering of a Creamy Corn Chowder that was so good it sold out the first day. Not Asian but it sure was good and there wasn't even any milk or cream in it. Hmmmm she is a good cook with many talents.

For the record your spelling of Pad See Ew was bang on.

Stratford, Canada
“Oh Yuki...you are such a great cook”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

It is great getting to know you and seeing the passion that you have for your business. We have been in a few times this summer and keep working our way through your menu.

Visited August 2012
Thank you for continuing to come in to our restaurant and try our homemade recipes.

Yui and I are here about 80 hours or more per week, so for sure it is our passion and we love what we do. We are looking to come up with some additional offerings with a re-do of our menu but your favourites will always be here waiting for you fresh, hot and fast all served up with Yui's great smile.

Hope to see you again at the WOD - aka Wok On Downie.

Goderich
“I loved my Bancock chicken with red curry”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

It's certainly not the fanciest restaurant in town, but I would highly recommend it, if you want great Thai food. I ordered the Bancock red curry chicken and it was awesome. Perfect amount of spice and heat. It will be back for sure to try some more items on the menu.. or maybe have the same thing again, it was so good.

• Visited September 2012
Really like this review. We try very hard to not be fancy, in fact we want people to be able to relax in our casual environment. Our pride is hopefully evident in our cooking, as if you were in our home having dinner with us.

Yui makes sure the restaurant is meticulously clean at all times, the local fire department inspector commented that our kitchen is one of the cleanest he has ever been in. So again we are not fancy but we are all the other important factors, fresh, fast, friendly and clean.

The Bangkok Curry is actually one of my favourite dishes on our menu - it is shamelessly delicious.

Hope to see you again soon to try the curry again or something else on our Chinese/Thai menu.

Stratford, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST THAI FOOD EVER!!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I travel a lot for my work and ever town I stop in I go to a Thai place to eat. I have tried literally hundreds of Thai restaurants across North America. This Thai place is hands down the best. They made everything from scratch. My pad thai was amazing. The portions were great. Lots of food. I recommend this place to Thai food lovers and Thai food beginners.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kenton B
Thank you for your kind review.

We appreciate the fact that you travel a lot and we humbly take pride in your appreciation of our homemade recipes, in particular the Pad Thai.

We have an equal blend of Chinese and Thai dishes on our menu and our portions are often too large for some of our customers - but not all.

It is all part of our master plan to give you too much to eat so you will have to take it home and then someone else will eat your leftovers from the fridge and then we gain another chance of acquiring another customer. Hope to see you again soon at the WOD!!!