This is a big pub near the center of downtown Stratford, within walking distance of the theatres of the Festival (only two blocks from the Avon and about four from the Patterson) that has luxurious rooms upstairs, like an English pub. The rooms are tastefully furnished and decorated and have wonderful bathrooms and showers. The food downstairs is very good, kind of classy pub food. The pub has an outdoor terrace. The stairs to the rooms are narrow and I did not see an elevator; the infirm should inquire before booking. Service is friendly and unpretentious; you check in for the lodgings in the bar. There is ample free parking in a big lot next to the hotel. It is not cheap ($100+/night double in Sept 2005), but it is cheaper than the fancier beds and breakfasts in Stratford. Only downside is that the drinking on the terrace goes on into the wee hours and you get some noise if you open your window, as I almost always do. There are lots of eateries and shops within an easy walk, including Indigena, a wonderful art gallery that specializes in Inuit sculpture.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Parlour Inn! Downtown. This historic property is located in the heart of the downtown and just minutes away from Stratford's business parks, Stratford festival theatres and adjacent to the University of Waterloo Stratford Campus. Fantastic dining room and Steakhouse on site. Meeting and conference rooms available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Parlour Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus The Parlour Historic Hotel Stratford
- Best Western Stratford
- Stratford Best Western
- The Parlour Inn Stratford, Ontario