“Refreshingly Unique!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Stratford
Cambridge, Canada
“Refreshingly Unique!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had the pleasure of enjoying lunch at this little gem yesterday with my 84 year old Mother and my sister. We quite enjoyed our time and the unique surroundings. The cheese plate was excellent a wonderful combination off flavors. A wonderful creamy cheese was further enhanced by the hand crafted crackers, and jellies. I ordered the homemade soup of the day and the grilled cheese sandwich. Both were divine. We enjoyed wine which was served in the bottle and we were charged by the ounce a little unusual but then Monfprte is not usual in anyway. I would suggest they improve on their sign as we drove past a couple times before it was noticed by my sister. It is barely readable very faint. I had the good fortune of having the address in my GPS or we would never have found the restaurant. Our server was very friendly and attentive. I also enjoyed the rich buttery buffalo ice cream that our server sent to the table in honour of our celebration. It is quirky in a good way with very good food.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Stratford, ON, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone requiring accommodations without any unpleasant surprises. We were most pleased with everything...staff, room, bar & restaurant. The staff were superb; the room was remarkably clean with a very pleasant decor; the bar was very obliging; and the restaurant food was delicious.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My first two nights were in the King Room with the Jacuzzi. The room was spacious and very tastefully decorated. On the modern side, the room included a large flat screen TV, Keurig coffee maker and free Wifi. On the not-so-modern side, there was a definite slope in the room, which just added to the charm and character. The hotel is a beautiful historic building, located in the downtown area within walking distance of shops and theatres. There is a small gym in the basement, which I didn't use. There is also a very large restaurant/lounge with an outdoor patio which I did use, as I was given a coupon for a complimentary beverage at check-in. There is lots of onsite parking and the central location allows for easy driving directions.

The hotel was fully booked when I made my reservation, and I was only able to secure the first two nights of a five-night stay. Following my arrival, two of the front desk personnel (I wish I had noted their names) were able to get me one additional night at their other property, the Downie St Executive Suites, and one additional night in a Queen Room at the Parlour. Hotel staff moved my luggage for me on both days, and all I had to do was show up!!

Room Tip: King Jacuzzi Room on the third floor is gorgeous and quiet! Queen Room on the third floor (part of...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Small, quaint, and delightful, the Parlour Inn is centrally located in beautiful Stratford (walkable to the Avon Theatre). We stay every year during the Festival, and can't imagine staying anywhere else. Book early - rooms are limited. Also, have at least one meal in the Parlour restaurant and order the Pavlova for dessert. Trust me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stratford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Older bilding with historic charm on the outside and nicely upgraded inside. Excellent restaurant - superb food. A little pricy - but worth it. Very convenient walking distance from Avon Theatre (two blocks). Plenty of free parking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way home. It is the most pleasant and unusual Best West I have ever experienced. If you are driving across Canada, it is worth it to go out of your way to stay here as opposed to sleeping some place just off the highway. We enjoyed not only the hotel but also a walk in the lovely city of Stratford.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

ESPANOLA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Beautiful Hotel right downtown within walking distance of theater and shopping. Recently renovated 142 year old Inn. Restaurent was great.
very enjoyable. Rooms clean and well appointed. Staff friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple