My husband and I were in Stratford, Ontario attending a play. We had been in Stratford the previous year, but only for the day, and promised ourselves that we would stay over "next time". We had booked the Best Western last December, in most part for its' proximity to the downtown area. What a surprise we had once we arrived.
Due to easy traffic coming out of Toronto we arrived at 10:30 in the morning. Our check in time was not until 3pm. Oh horrors, I thought. BUT........ that's when we realized what a gem we had stumbled on.
Lindsay, the front desk manager, was quick to welcome us. Sit and have a cup of coffee she told us, the previous guests had just checked out, and she would have the cleaning staff rush to ready the room. We went for a quick walk and when we arrived back 1\2 hr ready we were given the keys and information sheets about the area. Later in the day, we again visited the front desk where we requested wine glass and beer glass. Though the room does come equipped with regular glasses, Lindsay made sure that we had our requested glasses within a few minutes. When it came to dinner, our inquires about Italian dinner were answered by Lindsay who recommended a restaurant a few minutes walk from the hotel. And she was right ! Dinner was awsome............
The room was perfect. This hotel is the 2nd smallest hotel in North America (Lindsay is a great promoter of local info !) and so one gets the feeling of "home" right away. The bed was very comfortable, not lumpy as some get with overuse, the washroom very clean. The Jacuzzi tub (a real one, not those "makeover" bathtubs!) was a treat. A Keurig coffee maker complete with required condiments was included. Another item that really pleased me was that the windows actually opened !! Fresh air - oh my! And quiet, even though our room was over and beside the outdoor patio, we did not hear any of the music\talking.
As for food, the restaurant is an absolute must !! Refurbished from its' grander old days, the restaurant is beautiful, lots of wood, stained glass............ all the right combinations. Ryan, our waiter, was again, like Lindsay, only to pleased to answer our multitude of questions and provide us a very pleasant lunch. The food was done exactly as ordered, and was delivered in a manner that allowed us to relax and fully enjoy! No rushing !
Late afternoon, after the play, we sat on the patio with some wine and again received above the board attention by the wait staff !
I must congratulate Best Western for the "gem" that they have in this Stratford property. Hotels are pretty much the same, as things go, but for me, it is the staff that I encounter that can make OR break my stay. ABOVE THE BOARD AWARD for this hotel........... we will be back this fall and this time will stay for a couple days !!
Thank you Best Western and all the staff that made our stay a memorable one !!
PS my apologies to Lindsay if I did not spell your name right !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Parlour Inn !Downtown. This historic property is located in the heart of the downtown and just minutes away from Stratford's business parks, Stratford festival theatres and adjacent to the University of Waterloo Stratford Campus. Fantastic dining room and gastro-pub on site. Meeting and conference rooms available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Parlour Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus The Parlour Historic Hotel Stratford
- Best Western Stratford
- Stratford Best Western
- The Parlour Inn Stratford, Ontario