Very interesting hotel. My husband and I really enjoyed the old-fashioned atmosphere and decorations throughout.
Restaurant was excellent for both food and service.
Room was beautiful ... but it was freezing cold! It was missing a panel to cover the vent that circulated air from the outside in the nicer weather. (It was like having a 7" open hole in the wall!) Reported it to management, and were extremely disappointed when the maintenance guy showed up with a piece of (thin) paper and some tape in order to fix it.
The heaters in the room were good enough to keep it warm during our stay ... however that piece of paper did not block out the noise from the street outside.
We were woken up by street noise at 7am, and got to listen to the constant beep-beep-beep of a reverse warning signal of forklift in the area. I hated being woken up early on my one chance to sleep in. It was supposed to be a restful getaway from our 5 kids.
Constant street-noise was very upsetting. Reported it all to front desk when we checked out, and were assured that management would contact us ... but nobody ever did! Very, very disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Parlour Inn! Downtown. This historic property is located in the heart of the downtown and just minutes away from Stratford's business parks, Stratford festival theatres and adjacent to the University of Waterloo Stratford Campus. Fantastic dining room and Steakhouse on site. Meeting and conference rooms available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Parlour Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus The Parlour Historic Hotel Stratford
- Best Western Stratford
- Stratford Best Western
- The Parlour Inn Stratford, Ontario