Albert Street Inn
Mercer Hotel(Stratford)(Great Value!)
$137
$116
Forest Motel & Woodland Retreat(Stratford)(Great Value!)
$131
$127
Best Western Plus The Arden Park Hotel(Stratford)(Great Value!)
$119
Bentley's Inn(Stratford)(Great Value!)
$120
$255
The Parlour Inn(Stratford)(Great Value!)
$139
Stone Maiden Inn(Stratford)(Great Value!)
$131
$127
The Stratford Hotel(Stratford)(Great Value!)
$151
The Bruce Hotel(Stratford)
$307
All reviewsbucket of iceghost storiesadjoining restaurantbath waterneeded a place to stayavon theatrestratford ontariogeorge
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Overall, found the hotel clean, the bed comfortable. However, the lighting is terrible in the rooms - almost impossible to read. Claims wi-fi but wi-fi unavailable from 8 p.m. when staff leave to 8:30 when staff return in the morning. This was aggrevating. Otherwise, SUPER convenient - walk to everything - all the theatres (except Festival) literally around the corner. Rooms serviceable, bathroom small but clean - no complaints there.

1  Thank selkiem
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have stayed here for the past three season of the Stratford Festival. We were happy to see that they had renovated and installed an elevator. However, this year was a disappointment. The young woman at the desk was very rude and informed us that our parking spot (you can reserve a spot if you book through their website) had been giving away even though we reserved it back in February. Street parking was not a problem and we saved ourselves the $9.00 parking charge but that is not really the point. The room was clean but the bed was very uncomfortable and the air conditioner was extremely loud (it was as though someone dropped coins inside the fan) and did not do much to cool the room down. Not sure if we will come back, I would rather pay a little more for superior service. Considering we are loyal repeat customers, we were treated quite shabbily and when I sent a polite email directly to the innkeeper to express my concerns I received no reply. That being said, the location is great but I feel that they charge too much in the peak season considering the level of service offered. I was happy to pay the first few years we stayed here as the staff was helpful and pleasant, this year not so much with the exception of the girl who worked the desk in the afternoon/evening. She was lovely.

1  Thank SeeParks
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband I were a bit worried by the ratings but we figured if it was clean we would be fine. Walking down the hall made me feel like I was on the set of a 1940's movie. The combination of old and new was interesting and fun. Our room had very high ceilings and tall windows. The air conditioning unit was very noisy. The king sized bed was comfortable, but the sofa bed my daughter slept in was less than ideal. The bathroom was old but functional. If you like new and modern this isn't the place for you. We walked to the Festival Theatre which was a bit of a hike but manageable. We enjoyed eating at the attached restaurant, especially breakfast which had lots of choices. All in all the hotel was acceptable and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank smileyTimmins
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Recent renovations, including a new elevator and carpeting, have literally taken Albert Street Inn to another level.

Service: offered help throughout the day; answered questions; cleaned rooms and provided fresh towels; made clear no one at desk after 8:00 p.m.

Amenities: free Wi-Fi, but in-room connection was hit-and-miss, fine in lobby--staff explained they were not going to renew contract with current carrier if problem wasn't resolved; computer available in area next to first-floor elevator; cable TV; adjoining Let Them Eat Cake café with 10% discount for staying at hotel

Rooms: smaller, but not tiny; generally clean; functional, matching furniture and curtains; window air-conditioning; clean, tiled older bathroom with shower/tub--plumbing connected to shared hot water heater, so be ready for temperature changes; newer carpet; chipping paint in windows

Location: convenient central location, very close to Avon Theatre, banks, shopping, restaurants, and river walk to Festival Theatre; free parking two blocks away on St. Patrick St.--Cooper Lot

Value: Compared to other accommodations in Stratford during peak summer season, this is good value, especially if your chosen B&B isn't available. You'll find nicer places with more amenities, but you'll pay for them.

Overall: I would probably rate it a three-a-half out of 5, but since that's not possible, I'll err on the high side with a 4 because of the improvements made since my last stay and continued plans for more. The elevator alone makes a major difference for many. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank LesMisRulz
Reviewed July 7, 2013

lots of character recently painted, shower (ugh) very old very dingy tile walk in would not use it. no one mans the front desk from 8pm to 8 am. parking 9 dollars extra per night only 8 spots available. first come first serve. even with the discount just way too much to pay to feel grungy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Lisa C