My boyfriend and I went to see Evita and stayed at the Stone Maiden Inn for 1 night. We arrived at the Inn at 1pm. The Victorian property was beautiful, and even had a patio area. When we went in, Pat promptly greeted us and gave us a quick tour of the beautiful Parlour Room and Dining Room, then showed us our room (room #2) which was very clean and tidy. The linens were fresh and our bed/pillows were comfortable. To my surprise, our private bathroom had towels and toiletries (shampoo/conditioner/lotion/shower cap/shoe shine) and even cotton swabs/pads. The Inn was only a 5 minute walk to the downtown area, including the Avon Theatres where we were heading out at night to see Evita. When we got back after the theatre I felt a bit hungry so we stopped by the Parlour room. We had a piece of the banana bread and a tea using their hot beverage system (a wide range of coffee/tea was available).
The next morning I was very much looking forward to Eggs Benedict breakfast. It was served with fruits on the side and it was delicious! Aside from the featured breakfast, there was also a wide variety of choices. The apple cinnamon cake was also very yummy - moist in the inside, with a crispy top. There was also milk, juice, coffee/tea, yogurt, croissant, cereals, raisin bread, and an assortment of jams. A very pleasant stay overall!
PS. There is a mac in the Parlour room for common use. There is also free wifi and a TV in our room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1873 Victorian Mansion with 14 guestrooms all with en-suite, antiques set in a quiet residential neighbourhood. Rated at 4.5/5 stars under the Federation of Bed and Breakfast Association of Ontario. Spa services now available. Hot chef prepared gourmet breakfast menu daily included. Park and walk everywhere. Stratford is home to Justin Bieber, the Stratford Festival, and many culinary events... always something to do year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Stone Maiden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Maiden Hotel Stratford
- Stone Maiden Inn Stratford, Ontario