My fiancee and I stayed in the Romeo and Juliet Suite this July during our first trip to Stratford.
This was our first B&B experience so we did not know what to expect. We travelled by foot, so it was a bit of a hike from the train station to the house.
When we arrived, we were greeted kindly and allowed entry to our room even though we were a few hours early. We were impressed by the gorgeous 2 person tub and the comfortable bed with endless shapes and sizes of pillows! The 2 towels on the bed that were folded into swans were a cute touch. The bathroom in the suite was tiny and the shower wasn't well lit, but we did't mind since we took advantage of the tub. The house as a whole was quite charming (I love the collection of old cameras on the second floor mantle), very clean, and quiet.
The chef did an extraordinary job accommodating my dietary restrictions (vegetarian and diabetic!), making a delicious fruit crumble and breakfast risotto. My partner raved about the coffee cake all day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1873 Victorian Mansion with 15 guestrooms all with en-suite, antiques set in a quiet residential neighbourhood. Rated at 4.5/5 stars under the Federation of Bed and Breakfast Association of Ontario. Hot chef prepared gourmet breakfast menu daily included. Park and walk everywhere. Stratford is home to the Stratford Festival, Stratford Summer Music, and many culinary events... always something to do year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Stone Maiden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Maiden Hotel Stratford
- Stone Maiden Inn Stratford, Ontario