We stayed at the SMI for an early anniversary get-away. Mostly the stay was lovely. Breakfast was FANTASTIC. I had a particularly good homemade scone and my husband raved about the coffee (I don't drink the stuff myself). Pat and Kim are gracious hosts, friendly without unwelcomed hovering and they are very helpful.
I would have given the property 5 stars, but for a few small issues. We stayed in Romeo and Juliet. The bathroom is incredibly small (claustrophobically small) with a linoleum floor. This surprised me considering the price of the room. Also, the room could probably use a bit of updating with fresh paint. Also we were woken by a train in the middle of the night. Obviously this is not something the innkeepers have control over, but just a piece of information to keep in mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1873 Victorian Mansion with 15 guestrooms all with en-suite, antiques set in a quiet residential neighbourhood. Rated at 4.5/5 stars under the Federation of Bed and Breakfast Association of Ontario. Hot chef prepared gourmet breakfast menu daily included. Park and walk everywhere. Stratford is home to the Stratford Festival, Stratford Summer Music, and many culinary events... always something to do year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Stone Maiden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Maiden Hotel Stratford
- Stone Maiden Inn Stratford, Ontario