“Good FInd in Strattford”

County Food Company
Ranked #32 of 142 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Healthy, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our counters are full of freshly prepared healthy foods ,you can mix and match and build your own meal. We also have a great selection of Sandwiches...Our build your own picnic pails are a favourite ,ready in 5mins. During the summer season May-Late September,we offer a great Sunday Brunch menu in addition to our daily offerings. We make everything from scratch featuring local seasonal ingredients. We have offering for gluten free,vegetarians and Vegans
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good FInd in Strattford”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had lunch here, and then later dessert. The lunch was very good, quick, and reasonably priced. Their selection was plentiful and well-displayed. We went back after the theater for coffee and cake, and the pricey chocolate cupcakes were simply OK, not memorable. They apologized for this because they had been refrigerated, as it was late in the day, and they said they would not do this again. We didn't complain, so we didn't expect reimbursement of the offer of another selection. All in all a nice place for a quick, good meal!

• Visited September 2012

Stratford, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seasonal, Local, Fresh and a great shop/cafe atmosphere.”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

So many choices... and viewing the foods available in the cases makes it a feast for the eyes. Excellent beer on tap. Eight or more options of fresh, crunchy salads. Local breads and Gluten free wraps. As a foodie that has travelled the world I am entirely pleased and delighted to find homemade meals at County Food each time I visit.
Don't miss eating at- OR- taking out from this intimate (the chef came to our table to talk about sustainable fish), comfort food establishment in Stratford.
P.S. the couple next to us from NYC were eating there for the 4th time in 2 days.

1 Thank kran j
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A truly one of a kind place”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

After many visits to Stratford, The County Food Co has been one of the highlights. I came to the restaurant with my two girlfriends before our 2 o'clock play. I left knowing that I wouldn't get unexpectedly hungry during the performance, and I would certainly be returning for another meal.

The friendly staff were knowledgeable and kind, as my one friends is gluten free, and I am vegetarian myself. I enjoyed a ckickpea curry wrap and surreal salads as did my friends.

I also had a chance to meet the owner and she is one of the nicest ladies ive ever met, she'll make you laugh too! I highly recommend this store to anybody who enjoys fresh, local food, and wants to leave with a smile on there face.

1 Thank Ilovefood12345678
Toronto, Canada
“food gone bad”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We purchased food from this restaurant twice during a recent weekend visit (a total of 8 meals). The first visit was fine - though certainly not noteworthy - but on the second visit, the take-out food we had purchased for our picnic had gone bad. We were left without sufficient food prior to the theatre. Informed of the problem, the owner was not helpful, saying that similar food was fine. (That may be so, but ours was not.) She was not available to provide reimbursement and left no instructions on what to do.

Stuff happens in restaurants, and we understand that. However, food service providers need to rectify these types of problems politely and immediately. Serving food that has gone off is not the customer's fault, and only impunes the reputation of the restaurant. Food safety is essential. In our case, we had neither food nor reimbursement. This restaurant sells prepared foods without a 'best before' or 'prepared on' date on the label - in clear contravention of restaurant safety rules.

Beyond the issue of lax food safety practices, we don't understand the positive reviews this spot gets - we found the sandwiches and salads bland and unsophisticated. People used to good quality ethnic food and vegetarian fare will not be impressed (white bread, white spaghetti noodles in pasta salads, barely there spicing). Salads are comparable to those purchased in a middle-of-the-road grocery store. Whole Foods this is not!

Try 'York Kitchen' just a couple of doors away instead.

6 Thank A H
Janet A, Owner at County Food Company, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Maybe you forgot to refridgerate the soup ???? I was about to try find you at the river and bring more to you...... but then you got very rude.
Brampton, Canada
“Good food, fun spot, and great staff - what more could you ask for!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Found County Food Company through a visit with Flavours of Stratofrd, and was very impressed by the selection of daily sandwich choices, which changes daily as shown on their chalkboard menu. Had a lovely chat with the chef/owner and our tour group was treated to custom made sandwich. Returned a few days later to enjoy deli-like picnic lunch - really quick service. I had what's got to be the best turkey sandwich ever! ,