“Great food, and play "spot the actor"”

Foster's Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Foster's Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 134 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Great food, and play "spot the actor"”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We try to make time to eat here every time we're in Stratford for the Festival. The service and food are excellent, and it's fun to spot the cast from the performance you just saw - who are sometimes eating at the table next to you.

Visited August 2012

stratford,ontario
“Very Average”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Very inconsistant restaurant. Disappointed in Fosters food quality and will not be back. Food was drenched in oil and polenta had a burnt crust. Lately we have had more poor meals at this restaurant which is so disappointing since it is a great little place to meet for a drink.

• Visited February 2013
Wainfleet, Canada
“Tasty times at Fosters!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were recommended Fosters by my in-laws, and we decided to swing by after a long day Tubing in St. Marys.
The service was warm and welcoming when we arrived. We were a bit early for a dinner service, but nonetheless, the environment was calm and inviting. I always like it when there is an open kitchen, such as Fosters. The chefs seemed confident and professional, and people seemed to generally enjoy working there...
We started with the calamari with a homemade aioli..it was good but nothing special..a little too greasy even.. For our mains, my boyfriend and I both ordered the burger, but I opted for the vegetarian patty to switch it up (Im far from vegetarian). and he got the beef. It was promptly served on a fresh Brioche bun with hot, home cut fries. Another great aioli was served for the fries. My veggie patty was a bean/mushroom base and it was SO good..I never missed the meat once.
We shared a half litre of wine, and everything just went down SO good. I almost made myself sick because I just couldnt STOP eating..it was great!
For some insane reason, even though we were so full, we opted to try their homemade walnut brownie sundae with cinnamon ginger ice cream. Very good as well!

Nothing really bad to say about this place, hopefully we'll be back:)

• Visited January 2013
Marco Island, Florida
“Foster's On the Upswing”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Foster's had a few ups-and-downs. For years it was excellent, and for a few more it was just so-so. It's back now among the really good restaurants in Stratford. Menu selections are good and the quality is very fine. Service has always been outstanding, and it still is.

Visited September 2012
Stratford, Canada
“Breakfast!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is my favourite breakfast place in Stratford. The range of items gives lots of latitude -- the guys in the open kitchen do a really good job.
The Crab Cakes Benedict is my consistent choice. Huevos Rancheros will keep heartier appetites sated. And the coffee is good.
The decor is warm and welcoming.
Foster's is a good place for lunch.
In summer, their west facing sidewalk patio is prime.
I haven't been in for dinner.

Visited December 2012