“Breakfast!”

Foster's Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Foster's Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 142 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is my favourite breakfast place in Stratford. The range of items gives lots of latitude -- the guys in the open kitchen do a really good job.
The Crab Cakes Benedict is my consistent choice. Huevos Rancheros will keep heartier appetites sated. And the coffee is good.
The decor is warm and welcoming.
Foster's is a good place for lunch.
In summer, their west facing sidewalk patio is prime.
I haven't been in for dinner.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Went there with family and everyone enjoyed their dinner. We had pasta special (fettucini with veg and sirloin tips), roasted chicken with mashed and veg, and a beef burger with cheddar onion soup.. All were excellent with nice twist on flavours. Cost for 4 adults with drinks was $115, very reasonable considering quality. Wait staff very friendly and helpful. Expect large portions and maybe a take-home lunch for next day!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

As soon as I walked into the warm restaurant, I was greeted by wonderful smells! I was early for our meeting, but the server was welcoming and engaging. Sitting in the window, reading a great novel, sipping Earl Grey awaiting my luncheon companion, I felt comfy as I basked in the warm and hospitable service and ambiance. Once my companion arrived, we enjoyed the incredibly creative (and tasty) pizza of the day, accompanied by a colourful green salad with vegetables (e.g. radishes, carrots) AND some delightfully delicate flowers. The light dressing pulled the flavour out of it all, making it taste more like harvest-time and less like a cold, damp November day. We each enjoyed a different craft beer from the variety of selections offered. The server was so attentive to the pacing of our conversation, looking over, but not intruding until it looked like our more intense talk was finished. It was undoubtedly a great place to meet - with a terrific lunch!

1  Thank GratefulinDundas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We dropped in here one night in October. Overall the food was quite good with generous portions. I had the steak dinner, my husband the fish special. The steak was definitely the winner. I noticed the burgers being served were wonderfully portioned and would definitely have one of those next time.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I went to this cozy restaurant for our 1st wedding anniversary while at our son's hockey tournament. The atmosphere was great, the fod was wonderful and of course the company was perfect. My wife and I enjoyed the dinner and both commented we had not enjoyed a meal that much in a long time. The Captain Crunch ice cream pie was delicious!.