“Good night”

Foster's Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Foster's Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 140 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Nice atmosphere with good beef selctions and interesting daily specials. Fetures local wines and beers as well as staples from aroung the world. Prompt and friendly service with a smile. 5:15 reservation yet out of 2 brews and failed to offer daily fish special as advertized. 8 oz sirloin was done to perfection and presented tastefully. Portions were just right left full, happy and comfortable.

There are newer reviews for Foster's Inn Restaurant

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Had an enjoyable meal on the boulevarde on beautiful evening. Staff were pleasant and courteous. Ordered the steak with buttermilk onion rings and vegetables. Very tasty, but steak was a bit past the medium rare as requested and onion rings just slightly overcooked as well. Vegies were nice and crisp. Had a local pre-dinner beer and an excellent Cabernet Savignon with my meal. Overall the flavours were very good and would return next time I am in Stratford.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

When we go to Stratford we often do two shows a day - so rather than have a rushed dinner in between we like to eat after the late show. There isn't the choice there was. I understand that the Belfry at The Church Restaurant is no longer open after the late show, where you used to be able to get excellent late night suppers. And Fosters' kitchen is only open after 10 on Thurs to Sat with an abbreviated menu.

However, we ate well the night we went late. We both had their gazpacho and found it excellent. My husband followed with the lamburger which he enjoyed although the fries were somewhat overdone and tired. I had fried calimari with aioli dp which were fine. Almost the best at the end - their espresso machine was up and working (so many seem to be out of order, we've found) and we had very good cappacinos and lattes.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We've visited Foster's a number of times, the last for pre-theatre lunch in early June and have found it an ok mid-range restaurant for Stratford. I had the sirloin steak frites ($15.99). The steak was cooked to order, but a little tough. The aioli was tasty and the fries were good, though a bit soggy with the steak juice. My wife was disappointed with the fish taco ($12.99), commenting that if she'd wanted fish and chips, that's what she would have ordered. The desserts, bread pudding ($7) and lemon tart ($7) were both quite good.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Even though we are regular theatre goers, we had never had an opportunity to try Foster's and decided to book it for our 10th wedding anniversary dinner on June 1 2012 before heading next door to the opening night of Pirates of Penzance at the Avon Theatre. When I made the reservation I mentioned the special occasion and asked for a nice quiet table. When I entered while my husband was parking, there was no checking of a reservation book and I was shown to a very plain small wooden table for 2 along a wall. Shortly after we were seated another couple was shown to the table directly across from us and close enough that we could hear their conversation and they could hear ours. Anyway we ordered mussels for a shared appetizer and they were very nice if not terribly warm on arrival. We had heard Foster's was known for their steaks so my husband ordered an 8 oz Manhattan cut sirloin - RARE and I ordered the same but cooked MEDIUM-WELL which according to the grilling guide on the menu should have had a slight pink centre. When my plate came it had my steak, a small scoop of mashed potates and one funny looking beet. The outside of my meat looked very nice, but when I cut into it, it was very red inside not the slight pink advertised. I cut a small piece of the edge and then tried to get the attention of our very pleasant but slightly spacey waitress. When she came over I advised her that my steak was severely undercooked and asked for her to fix it. While I was waiting, I ate my scoop of mashed potatoes and sauce and my husband ate his steak which he was quite happy with. He was finished his meal when my 2nd attempt arrived on the table. Once again looking very nice on the outside, I cut into the meat to find it more rare and bloody than what I sent back the first time!! I had to tell the waitress to take it away as the oozing bloodt was making me feel ill looking at it. When I talked to the floor manager I said the workers I could see in the open concept kitchen looked awfully young and perhaps they weren't up to scratch. In any event when I asked for the bill, the waitress took great pains to apologize and said they had comped the meal. That was all very well but it was definitely not the point to get a free meal. The point was to get a nice dinner for our special occasion and that was sorely lacking. Maybe the kitchen staff were having an off night or maybe the real chef didn't start till later. In any event this is not a restaurant we will ever go back to.