“Something Different”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have lived in Stratford for 3 years now. I am so happy that Taj reopened under new ownership, and decided to offer a buffet! I love the option of trying a wide variety of dishes instead of limiting it to one or two.
The food was fresh, lots of great veggie and non-veggie options. With so many higher priced restaurants in town, it's great to eat a fabulous meal for $14.99. Fresh Naan bread made to order. Lovely owners, friendly service, and family run. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Bren74
There are newer reviews for Taj Restaurant

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stopped here for the lunch buffet, which was a good value ($11.99 per person.) There were some nice fresh options on the veggie side (salad, fruit) and a pretty good variety of hot foods - butter chicken, goat curry, etc. The naan was fresh and hot and the service attentive.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The inside of the Taj Restaurant is very well decorated. The service is very friendly and attentive. Their buffet is very colourful and delicious, I liked the way they had some of their own unique foods in the buffet. The hot and sour soup in the buffet was very good. It had the right amount of spice it was supposed to have. There were so many things in the buffet that I didn’t get the chance to taste everything in it However, I plan to visit the Restaurant again very soon.

When it came to the food, the food was full of flavour. It had the right amount of spice, and the right amount of tenderness. I especially loved the biryani. The butter chicken was very filling. The desserts were amazing. Their Mango delight was awesome; I liked how they put fruits under the melted mango ice cream.

If you are looking for a fine dining spot of Indo/Pak cuisine in the Stratford area, I strongly recommend Taj Restaurant.

I thank the Taj Restaurant management for providing such a nice addition to fine dining spots in this area. Keep up the good work. I wish you all the success in future.

Hana Arif

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife & I are particularly fond of Indian buffets & in Taj we've found one to which we will return. The selection at lunch while not the most varied we've seen, was all quite good including the chana masala, vegetable porkora, butter chicken, etc. We were a bit surprised to find a very good hot & sour soup (which is Chinese as far as we know) as well as a particularly tasty Greek salad, but variety is certainly the spice of life.At $11.99 for lunch ($13.99 for supper which they told us was more extensive), you can't go far wrong.. I enjoy beer with Indian food, but am reluctant to drink it at lunch on our way to a matinee. Taj solves that problem by offering 2 non-alcoholic beers. Cheers!

1  Thank markmd
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has only been open a month and I certainly hope they succeed! The buffet for dinner was really good and actually had goat curry! What a find! Very light on the spice on the whole, but absolutely delicious! It is a "dry" establishment, but it looks like they have a good selection of beverages. I will definitely recommend this to my friends!

1  Thank Tombow