“Best place in town”

Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Stratford
Cuisines: Canadian
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I'm a local and adore Balzac's coffee. There are so many options but no matter what you choose the coffee is strong and delicious. I usually get a caramel latte but they do have some seasonal picks that are very enjoyable. For the coffee this is the best place in town hands down.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We're not coffe snobs; we don't like Starbuck's; we do love Balzac's cafe latte in a bowl complete with artwork on top. We head here for coffee and to stay a while. This coffee house has a comfortable, airy-yet-cozy feel. We enjoy sitting on the high stools at the big window. From here I can people watch down the entire length of the room, or turn to lean on the counter and watch the street action, write or draw in my journal, while my husband works on his crossword. Local small group meetings take place here, and I'm always happy when the French speakers come in. Last week, chess games took place. We are from USA, always have our first coffees at the B&B, then head straight to Balzac's. It's like coming home. My only complaint this trip, they moved the large poster of Honore with the red background near to the door and replaced it with their location poster. The manager here is as nice as the barristas. Thank you for letting come and enjoy at our leisure.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

What a refreshing coffee spot. This beats any Timmies. Desserts look inviting and seem puffed to 35 psi, the maple latte my better half had looked more like a bowl of soup than a beverage and was nicely designed too! Sorry for the run-on sentence, but needless to say, it's a nice casual spot. They seem to have dinners too. Dragons Den approves of Balzacs and so do we!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I enjoyed an early morning Maple Latte and muffin at balzac's. The atmosphere is laid back and relaxed in this cafe. Also, the beautiful latte art that the barrista did on my beverage was a nice touch!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

It was one of the ppened on a sunday afternoon during thanksgiving weekend. Good coffee and good presentation. Free wi-fi.