“Great place for a drink and pizza before the play”

Balzac's Coffee Roasters
Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Stratford
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto
“Great place for a drink and pizza before the play”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Nice food and great mood before going to the play. Right downtown so that we could take a relaxing and romantic walk along the festival lake as well as through the downtown core.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Barb-Steve

Ottawa
“needed a good coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had breakfast down the street when the coffee was abysmal. Had passed by here earlier and so went for my 'shot of the day'. It was great.....cafe latte, while strolling and window shopping. Would go back to taste the

Toronto
“For Starbucks drinkers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My espresso came too quickly and so it tasted exactly like a Starbucks espresso. The Grind down the street makes coffee properly. Sorry, Balzac. Nice place, though. Nice service. Bad coffee.

2 Thank aliengruvgod
Germany
“The necessary boost!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Balzac's makes a great cappucino! Staff is friendly and I love the pattern they pour in the foam! The baked goods are a bit heavy, but we tried a few cookies and they tasted good.

Visited July 2013
London, Canada
“Not that special americano..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I came by there for a cup of americano which was not really what I expected,but the staffs were quite friendly and considerate.

She added water as much as exactly I told her. ^ㅡ^ that was pretty nice.

The taste of the americano was not quite alright which was a bit different from my expectations.
I'd say that it's JUST OK,but NOT exactly excellent nonetheless...

I liked the atmosphere,though, :)

I used be a kind of Starbucks coffee lover,but nowadays,It's a bit tiring for me,though.
I think I'm pretty much a coffee snob.

I'm looking for a new nice place for a GREAT americano or cappuccino,espresso..etc..

I'm pretty sure that I'll find it someday in Startford as I think I may stay there for a long while someday.