“Good Food and Service between shows!”

Downie Street Burger
Ranked #31 of 140 Restaurants in Stratford
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Burgers with Style! We will serve you the BEST burger that you have ever had... along with the tastiest craft beers and Ontario wines. See you soon!
Reviewed August 21, 2013

While this corner restaurant specializes in burgers, no one by any stretch of the imagination can EVER call this a "fast food" joint! All of the staff and extremely courteous (and may even remember you if you've been there before!), the service is excellent and you are never rushed, and the burgers themselves are well-cooked (always at above-medium because of health code regulations); I especdially enjoy the Caesar salad served as a side dish. If you are having an early dinner between a matinee and evening performance at one of the town's four theatres (try to get there as soon as possible after the matinee ends [usually about 5-5:15pm] to avoid a rush), this is an excellent choice.

There are newer reviews for Downie Street Burger

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very good food and very good atmosphere. I had the avocado and bacon burger and it was very good. The sweet potato fries were also very lovely

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Well I am sad to say that my dining experience last Saturday at Downie Street Burger was terrible!! Three of us went there to eat before an 8 o'clock play. We arrived at 7 pm and I realize it was a busy time, but it was chaos. We stood at the door, no one, including the owner, spoke to or acknowledged our presence. Finally I stopped someone and asked if we could have a table. Our wait time for the table wasn't bad, ten minutes. Once we were seated, our waiter never seemed to come back. Finally, we wrote our own orders down and I walked it in to them!! Our drinks came in not so bad time but the food was a long wait and when it did come there were items missing. Like the fries! I had to walk back inside to ask for the vinegar and walk back inside to ask for drink refills. It was an awful experience. I had talked up the restraurant to my guests and I was very disappointed in the experience. The food was good good but it stopped there. I really think its not worth your time to eat there until they figure out how to treat their customers. The fastest we saw the waiter move was after we again walked inside looking for our bill, once we paid, the waiter moved very quickly for his tip on the table. Sadly, there wasn't one!!

1  Thank stratfordmedic
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I ordered a steak with a Greek salad. Both were the in the top 5 of the best I've had in 64 years! A small restaurant with optional outside seating.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Delicious burgers! Friendly staff, Lovely decor. I had a yummy portobello burger with sweet potato fries amazing! This is a great place to go before the show at the Avon Theater. Disappointing it closed at 8pm. We would have gone after the show for desert or drinks.