“Clean motel, indifferent service.”
Review of Travellers Motel

Travellers Motel
Ranked #79 of 88 Stratford B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have an open mind when it comes to motels. I just want a clean room and a friendly welcome. No problem with the rooms at Traveller's but I was put off by the indifferent welcome. The girl in the office didn't even say hello. Just checked me in. Seemed like I was an interruption. Not even a smile or a thank you. Because of this I would not return. Too bad as it is a good value.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
TVM784, Manager at Travellers Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding our motel. I would like to sincerely apologize for my staff's behaviour. It is common courtesy to say hello, thank you, and goodbye. Not to mention being in the hospitality industry how much more important that becomes. I assure you my staff is a kind, friendly, and outgoing group and this is a rare incident.

I have spoken to my front desk clerk as well as the entire staff in regards to how important it is to maintain a level of professionalism and respect towards our customers.

Thank you for the kind words regarding our rooms and I truly hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here at the end of May 2013 to (of course, it's Statford) see the plays. Travellers Motel is one of the last of the old car motels. I found it charming and retro. The room was a bit small (double with two beds), but entirely served our purposes. And the staff was great - thanks so much for the kettle! If you want something like a Holiday Inn, this is not it. If you want something for the budget, comfy and retro, this is it.

Room Tip: Rooms with double beds may be a bit cramped (double beds take up extra space).
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank EFrenzy
TVM784, Manager at Travellers Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for your review. Travelling can be difficult and stressful. So, if we are able to provide customer service that would lessen some of that stress, then we are on the right track.

We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We've stayed here several times over the years, most recently in June of this year. We'll be spending several more nights here in August. Since we come to Stratford to see plays, the Travellers provides us just what we need: clean, comfortable room and polite,helpful staff.
Well doubtless be back in future years.

Room Tip: Room # 7 is nifty.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave P
TVM784, Manager at Travellers Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the comfort and convenience of our facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a perfectly good budget hotel, the rates are good for a Stratford hotel. We've stayed here about four times in the last 2 years and have had no big issues. They are upgrading all their rooms, so obviously the new ones are a little better then the older rooms.
Rooms are available with a fridge.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Candance72
TVM784, Manager at Travellers Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued repeat customers and appreciate your continued patronage.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have been attending the Stratford Festival for 15 years and have always stayed at this hotel. The staff have always been friendly. I can now afford to stay at a more pricy hotel. I choose not to because this is truly a little gem for the budget minded traveller. If you require great luxurious surroundings don't stay here. However, if a clean room and a comfortable bed are all you need this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Violetshadow
TVM784, Manager at Travellers Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thanks for the kind words. We have been working diligently on improving our quality of service and our quality of product. We are constantly under renovations and trying to upgrade, but it is only possible because of you, our customers. It is on the backbone of our loyal customers that we are able to renovate, and improve our services.

So, sincerely from the management and staff at the Travellers Motel,

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stay was nice and quiet, room was number 24 which we were told was recently renovated, and boy could you tell! The bathroom was nice and big with beautiful marble tops and a tub and shower combo. The room had a kitchenette which had matching marble tops. Only downfall was the heat. It took us a while to figure out the thermostat which was hidden behind the tv armoire My wife and I stayed the night as we had an early doctors appointment in Kitchener and didn't want to get stuck in the snow. Definitely well worth it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James B
TVM784, Manager at Travellers Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for the encouraging words and taking the time to voice them. Room 24 has been recently renovated and is well liked by all of our guests. The layout and redesign of the room took some careful planning but it look like it has been worth the effort.

You can see our other renovated rooms on our Facebook page.

Best Wishes,

Management

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My room was dirty. The sheet had holes in it. The pillowcase had mildew on it. There was a dirty washcloth hanging over the shower bar when I pulled the curtain. You can see outside around the a/c unit. There was dried snot in the sink. One of the lightbulbs was missing in the bathroom and neither lamp was plugged in. The faceplate for one outlet was missing.The curtains were either tattered or shedding. The front windows in my room did not lock, how reassuring! There were several kinds of nasty something on the floor.
I have to say I was exhausted when I checked in and did not take the time or care I should have to really inspect this room.Now after the fact I realize that it should have been a clue when the mgr. took the microwave out of the room when he showed it to me. Not sure why, he just said it belonged to another room.
I saw another reviewer mention coffee, that was never even offered.
I have stayed in other inexpensive hotels/motels but none were as nasty as this. For that matter I've stayed in better hotels for cheaper. If you must stay here be prepared.
The manager was polite but hey if you're getting someone to pay $77 for a room you know needs service I would be polite too.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ajckate
TVM784, Manager at Travellers Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Dear Valued Customer,

Another poor review is very unsettling for us. I am sorry your stay was not comfortable and relaxing. It is clear our cleaning staff is not cutting it or we need to instill quality control measures. Regardless, we are working hard on fixing this problem.

If you could contact me directly at info@travellers-motel.com and provide me with the room number in which you stayed that would be greatly appreciated.

There must have been a reason you drove into the Traveller's Motel and I am sorry it wasn't to your liking. However, I'd like to remind you we are constantly upgrading and renovating and we hope to see you again next year.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback