“Truly the best!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stratford
The Blue Spruce B&B
Ranked #9 of 89 Stratford B&B and Inns
Brantford, Canada
“Truly the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I travel all over the world every year, and stay at many B&B's, as we find them more personal than hotels. What we look for is a clean room, with a comfortable bed, and a great breakfast in the morning. We were not disappointed. We were actually greeted by the owners, Mike & Helene, who made our stay so relaxing and enjoyable. I have never seen such a collection of memorabilia before! I could have stayed up all night just looking and reading.
And in the morning, the best breakfast and coffee at any B&B. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MByrnes99, Owner at The Blue Spruce B&B, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Riny... Thank you so much for your kind review of our B&B! We are delighted to have exceeded your expectations. We really enjoyed hosting you and look forward to your next visit to beautiful Stratford, Ontario.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Everything was fabulous at Mike and Helene's B&B. From the warm welcome to the very comfortable beds to the delicious breakfasts. The chocolates on the bed at night and the champagne on New Years Eve were the crowning touches. It's all in the details and Mike and Helenehave thought of every one. Hope to see you in the spring.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MByrnes99, Owner at The Blue Spruce B&B, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Shelly... Thank you so much for your kind review of our B&B. It was our pleasure to be able to host you and your delightful family. We truly enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again in the new year!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

When we came in the beautiful front door, Mike was there to greet us, warmly, and then his wife, Helene, ran up. We hadn't told them it was our anniversary until that moment. Helene disappeared immediately, and when we got to our gorgeous room, there was a bottle of wine of two glasses. How lovely is that?
The room was so pretty, I didn't want to leave, ever, but they were booked the next night. Because I have allergies, they went out of their way to make a breakfast I could have which was similar to the others. Mike is quite the talker, and he regaled us with stories while we ate. This place is top notch and we would absolutely pick it as our B and B the next time. Do yourself a favour, and give them a try.

Room Tip: Each room is uniquely decorated, so take any one and prepare to be delighted.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MByrnes99, Owner at The Blue Spruce B&B, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your generous review of our bed and breakfast. We truly enjoyed your visit and are very pleased to have helped make your anniversary so special. We hope to see you again on your next trip to beautiful Stratford. I'll show you some new recipes that I am sure you will like!
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

With this being our first experience staying at a bed & breakfast, we didn't know what to expect - but we were taken care of from the moment we checked in, to the moment we checked out. We wanted to try out the different rooms so we stayed in the Purple Penny the first night, an adorable room and tres romantic (However since we did go during the winter it was a bit chilly in that room).
Our second night, we stayed in the Balcony/Music room and this was our favourite room! Mike is so proud of all the autographs Helene and himself have acquired over the years.
We really enjoyed how personal the b&b experience is. Having intimate conversations during breakfast time and getting to know everyone there was great. There is so much history in each room and anything you need to know about Stratford - Mike and Helene know it ALL! They were so helpful in every way. Best of all, my boyfriend and I bonded over hours of chess and monopoly provided by the lovely hosts - perfect for a rainy or super chilly day.
Most amazing breakfast I've ever had. Better than iHop and Benny's for sure. And unlike hotels, coffee/tea/water is included! How about that!

We had our winter Stratford experience and we will definitely go back to Blue Spruce for our summer Stratford experience! Definitely recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katya N
MByrnes99, Owner at The Blue Spruce B&B, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Katya... We are so pleased we were able to make your first B&B experience such a good one! Meeting and hosting you and Serop was a real pleasure and we very much look forward to your next visit to Stratford. You will absolutely LOVE Stratford in the summer! Be sure to call in advance and I will be happy to help with any dinner reservations or theatre tickets you may need. And we will make sure to keep the Monopoly game in a safe place until you return and are ready to pass "Go" again.
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was my first stay at a B&B and it was absolutely wonderful. The house was rich with history and interesting memorabilia.The hosts Michael and Helene were warm and friendly and went out of their way to make me comfortable. The beds were amazingly comfortable and the food was delicious. The 4 legged family members Dexter and Dixie were adorable as well as warm and friendly. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MByrnes99, Owner at The Blue Spruce B&B, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Wendy... It was our great pleasure to be able to host you on your visit from the north of the province! We are so very pleased we were able to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable. The dogs told me they enjoyed your visit, too, and we all look forward to your next trip to beautiful Stratford. You should consider a spring or summer getaway, as the 2013 festival season is looking to be a truly amazing one!. Again, thank you so much for your kind review.
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Michael and Helene were very welcoming and went to a lot of trouble to make sure that we had a relaxing stay. They were very happy to prepare vegan breakfasts for us which was a great treat. All in all this was a very comfortable and friendly B&B. We would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MByrnes99, Owner at The Blue Spruce B&B, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Anne;

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to prepare the vegan meals you requested and you will be happy to know I've learned some new ones, too. Again, thanks for your review.
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Travellers beware: Don't make my mistake!
I was very much looking forward to staying at the "Best B&B ever" but had to unfortunately cancel my reservation in excess of 24 hours before the date. To book the reservation, I used the email form off the website and booked via phone/email. The email form did not state the cancellation policy, and I did not see the policy, which is on the far right of the website under "Policies".
I have never been charged such a fee and even though it is only $50, I am so put off, I can't stomach actually visiting or re-booking. I guess I will have to find another great spot to write about...:)
My rating is based only on my booking experience- the property and food look great.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
MByrnes99, Owner at The Blue Spruce B&B, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Miriam... It's unfortunate that you will not be staying with us. We wish you had read our cancellation policy, which is clearly stated in several places on our website, including the page you visited. All you had to do was read it. I also made you aware of it at the time of booking. It is a standard B&B cancellation policy and you will encounter it - or one very much like it - in any B&B you visit. By rights, I should be charging you for the entire package you booked, as you are clearly within the period where the full charge should apply upon cancellation. I can still do this. You failed to mention in your "review" that I had offered you the chance to apply your deposit to another stay at a future date - a courtesy I extended as a goodwill gesture and was not required to do. Running a small B&B is not like running a hotel. Perhaps that is the kind of accommodation you should be looking for.