“awful halloween experience”

Hamilton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awful halloween experience”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

visited this club on OCt 27 for their Halloween party. It was so boring that I was yawning ON the dance floor. The dj. "DJQ" was playing horrible music from 8 years ago. It didn't even sound like he was playing a shuffled list, it really sounded like a mix cd that was made up 8 years ago and he was just playing the CD all night.
I arrived at the club at 11 and left by 12:00. And the only reason i stayed so long was because I assumed it would get better and they would play some recent music.

I talked to some of my friends who have also visited this place on other days of the year and they all said they experienced the same thing with the music. This venue is really nice. I just wish they would get a better sound.

• Visited October 2012

Burlington
“Dinner for two”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I love this restaurant. I have been here many times and have enjoyed every meal. It has a cool atmosphere and style.
The food is well priced and plated for nicely. Highly recommanded!

Visited March 2012
Niagara Falls, Ontario
“very dissappointed with managers/owners judgement”
Reviewed March 5, 2010

When we arrived at Stellas we were not greeted at the door. We stood for a few minutes and then a server said that she would be a minute. Finally greeted by server with pepper and cheese in hand and said she would be back. Finally seated and asked what the spcials were. She told us of the house special but we had to ask about the Thursday 40% off of food deal. Then we had to ask about a sign at the front door about $5.00 Pilleteri wine, she gave us the 2 choices of the special $5.00 wine, we each took a glass. As for the apps. the scallops were rather small and the stuffed mushrooms were still cool inside. Steak was good and the seafood medley was fine. Tiramasu was good.
We asked for our bill and before my wife could grab it I looked at it, the 40% was not taken off the food. We asked the server to review the bill and correct it. She returned some time later with a new bill and low and behold the 40% was taken off, but then I noticed that we were billed $6.75 for each of 4 glasses of wine(should be $5.00 as per the server) again I pointed this out(I was really embarrassed by this point) she left again saying she did't know why the wine wasn't coming up as $5.00
Minutes later a red haired gentleman(manager or owner, never introduced himself) said that he forgot to take the wine sign down, and that it was not $5.00 tonight. we would have to pay the $6.75 per glass(it's not about the $1.75 a glass difference it's the principle) manager offered us a free coffee, but this is after we already had coffee and dessert.
If you have a sign up and your staff tell me all about the special then you should comply with your signage.
At this point I just wanted to go home, it really put a bad taste in our mouth.
I do not complain about much, but this really upset me enough that I had to write a review.
I will have a difficult time recommending this establishment to anyone.
I hope that you will learn from this review.

7 Thank skidaddy62
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“happy hour Friday's is the best!!!”
Reviewed February 11, 2008

happy hour Friday's is the best!!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook