“Nothing has changed”

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We gave the Pow Wow restaurant another chance tonight after a previous bad experience. After five years the menu does not seem to have changed. Service terrible! Ended up just finishing are drinks and went somewhere reliable. Never going again.

3  Thank Colin F

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Not having been to St. Catharines in forever, my wife and I were walking near the hockey rink to find somewhere to eat before the Niagara IceDogs' game. We were interested from the outside but, once we walked in, our server Jason was so passionate about the Angry Chicken (a pasta dish), we had to stay and try.

Started with the mussels. Delicious. Moved onto the Angry Chicken (linguini with grilled chicken and a mildly spicy kick) and lamb shank. Dessert was Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cheesecake (made in-house, great taste, not overly sweet).

Both of us would go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Have been to PowWow a few times, and on a couple of there special meet the chef nights.
Food is good always, enjoy, and suport the independants in town.
The value is always better than the big chains..

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Having been to the original Pow Wow only once before and not feeling a need to return I was curious about checking it out with the new owner/management. Since it was early in the week it did not surprise me that it was perhaps a little quieter than it might be on the weekend. That being said, there was a steady stream of diners going in and out during the evening.

I love the "vibe" of Pow Wow. The lighting, the decor, so many little details still present from the building's history. The back ground music was a sumptuous feast for this diner's ears. (A sound track that I wanted to ask about but forgot.. unfortunately) And the food! It took us a while to settle on our choices because everything sounded so wonderful. We sampled a number of items from the menu and were not disappointed with a single thing! From appetizers to entrees to the decadent Skor cheesecake (which is made in-house!) it was a soul-satisfying experience. Pow Wow features everything from pastas to steaks to outstanding burgers, to some pretty great sounding vegetarian options; so it would appear that they are serious about meeting the needs of their guests.

Although on first blush one might think that Pow Wow caters to a younger clientele, my guest for the evening, a 90 something year-young lady was thrilled with everything that Pow Wow had to offer and mentioned not only was she delighted with the whole evening but planned to recommend Pow Wow to others. A sentiment that I share. I look forward to returning to Pow Wow to experience other menu items and, of course, for the music!

1  Thank ryerson
Reviewed October 31, 2011

They really like providing a different mix of foods, including some spicy Pow and Wow dishes. They were also promoting a specialty day for unique gourmet burgers, I think on Thursday. Overall, the food is well prepared, with nice servers.

2  Thank JoeFonthill