“Is a bad review worth 18.00 dollars to the restaurant?”

N'ata Cosa Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #61 of 533 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Description: St. Catharines' favourite award winning ristorante - top 4 pizzaiolo in the world! We offer hand crafted Italian cuisine at its very best. Authentic Napoletana wood fired pizza, house made pastas made fresh daily, incredible entrees, house made bread and desserts. We offer catering services both on site and off. Make your next event memorable with our mobile wood fired pizza oven. Gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options are always available.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for dinner here on a recommendation and read all the reviews. Ordered a Stella beer and was unable to get the second one as they run out of Stella. Asked for some more bread and was told I couldn’t have any but then she thought better and brought me a couple more rolls. My wife had the pizza and was unable to eat it because the center crust was like glue. We complained and they were unwilling to except any blame and said that’s the way they usually cook their pizzas. It’s unhealthy to have a stomach full of uncooked dough.My pasta was OK but just loaded with so much tomato sauce.

It’s the first time in my life that I have walked out of a restaurant and not tipped the waitress.I felt bad about that as it was not the waitress fault but since they were unwilling to accommodate our complaint I did not feel I should be paying $18 for a pizza that we only ate two pieces
We went next-door to another restaurant and had a proper dinner

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank docbob2018
NataCosa, Manager at N'ata Cosa Ristorante Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello, Thank you for joining us on Saturday evening. You had called at 6:18pm for a quick reservation before the show at 9pm. We were only accepting walk ins for the Grape and Wine weekend and you were upset about this as you wanted to dine with us and demanded a reservation as you had tickets to a show at 9:00pm. When you arrived we had table for two for you.

The waitress brought you “multiple servings” of the house made fresh bread with accompanied olive oil and balsamic.This is all completely complimentary and we are proud and happy to showcase our breads for customers to enjoy while they wait for their meal.

You had ordered the fresh, house made Spaghetti all’Amatriciana and your wife the wood fired Pizza Mico. When a quality check was done at your table after delivering your meal, you had stated you were both enjoying the meal very much.

When the server was clearing your plates your spaghetti was completely devoured and the pizza was half finished. It was only then that you told the server you did not believe it was fully cooked. We looked into your concern and found the inside of the crust to be visibly airy, properly risen and cooked properly. When there is a concern we will always look into it. The Executive Chef Pizzaiolo offered to make another pizza more well done for you to make you a happy client. You refused and simply stated you did not want to pay for the pizza.

Unfortunately, that wasn’t an option since you enjoyed multiple complimentary free bread services, enjoyed your spaghetti, ate half of your pizza and stated how you were enjoying everything. It was only when you were at the end of your meal we heard about the concern. We took you through the process and showed you how the pizza was cooked. It was fully cooked and airy in the crust, yet still chewy. This is Pizza Napoletana. However, you would not accept us offering a complementary pizza more well done and charred as you would have demanded it.

Everyone that comes into our Ristorante deserves the best. We have always strived for the best in all aspects of dining. I want to thank you again and thank the guests which highly recommended us to you.

Please email us at info@natacosa.ca We invite you into our Ristorante behind the scenes and make a pizza from scratch with you to see it cooked by the fire and to enjoy. It truly is a remarkable product. We hope to hear from you soon and give us another try.

Grazie mille,
N’ata Cosa Team

Write a reviewReviews (149)

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here on a Saturday evening. We stumbled across this restaurant while walking in downtown St. Catharines. I had the garden pizza (veggie) and my wife had a prosciutto/sausage/salami pizza. Both were very good Wood oven pizzas. We will be back again in the future to try the other items on the menu.

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank 137robd
Reviewed August 24, 2019

Every time we visit all of our expectations are always exceeded. The Caprese salad simply cannot be beat and the gnocchi are incredible - I’ve never tasted anything better. Service is always warm and welcoming. We always recommending N’ata to all of our friends.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 18, 2019

On a recent trip into St. Catharines to see a show at the Foster Festival we decided to stay in town for dinner and travel back to Toronto when the traffic was a little lighter. I'm very glad we did because we chose to enjoy one of several interesting appearing restaurants across the street from the FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre. We chose to eat on the patio and while we enjoyed ourselves I think the noise of young passersby would lead us to eat inside next time. Our server was pleasant and knowledgeable though a brief element of talking when listening might have been appropriate. I ordered the beet salad and the Amaro Pizza, and my guest ordered one of the other interesting pizzas on the menu. The pizza, as is appropriate, was the star of the meal and I truly enjoyed every bite of this spicy, beautifully cooked entree. The beet salad was disappointing, particularly for the price, both is size, appearance and taste. It was nothing at all to right home about, and I would certainly not order it again next time. Looking forward to returning, though, and trying other insalate and other items on the menu to see what other surprises are offered.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 18, 2019 via mobile

Stopped in with my family for dinner. Great food, pizza is always delicious. Calamari is my favourite. Will definitely be back!!

Date of visit: July 2019