“Tasty Vietnamese food, weak atmosphere”
Review of Mai Vi - CLOSED

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Pelham, Canada
“Tasty Vietnamese food, weak atmosphere”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Very good tasting fresh prepared Vietnamese cuisine. The "fresh rolls" (not fried), mango salad, and the crispy chicken are all good. Also recommended - nice selection of Vietnamese soups and vermecelli. The place is not too big and could be improved with some Vietnamese decorations to add atmosphere. The service could be a little friendlier in general, but I still like it a lot.

• Visited July 2011

Toronto, Canada
“So so”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My wife loves Mai Vi, but I am ambivalent. As others have mentioned, the duck is worthwhile, but I have found that other meat or seafood dishes have very little actual meat in them, just a lot of vegetbles. I also find the seving sizes rather small in some cases. A lot of the dishes you may order wil arrive at your table and they are essentially the same.

Michigan USA
“Something different”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Originally we had wanted to go to a Chinese restaurant, but we did not like the looks of the one wehad picked. We had noticed Mai Vi on the way and, knowing that they served Vietnamese food, we decided to try it. It was a lucky try! We had an ample selection of dishes to choose from, good service and the food was plentiful but not an overwhelming portion, as is so often the case. I particularly enjoyed a coconut/lemongrass soup.
Their desserts were especially good: the ice creams delicous, and subtly flavored with coconut or ginger. Wish we were closer.....

“The atmosphere was average but the food...”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

The atmosphere was average but the food was delicious and the portions generous.

Canada
“Lay off the sauce!”
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Food was soaked in soya sauce to the point of being disgustingly salty.
I believe I had a stir fry but couldnt distinguish any taste of a vegetable through my soya sauce river on the plate.

Atmosphere was rather dim and crowded, had to trip over chairs to and from our table.