“Need more cheese”

Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
St catharines
“Need more cheese”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Use to be good but pizza lacked care in making should cook longer and needs more sauce and cheese. Ps they gave us expired dipping sauce:( and only offer to replace them. To far to go for 3 dips

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Yukon1234

“Terrible service”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I went the to Mystic Jack's on St Paul street yesterday. We waited for 10 minutes for the waitress to come and take our order, but seems they did not realize we were even there. Maybe she was too busy flirting with the guys on the bar, hmm. Anyway, we moved to another table while the waitress is back and forth for like 10 minutes AGAIN and has not even taken our order for drinks at least. I found this place rude and such terrible service.

• Visited April 2014
St. Catharines, Canada
“Terrible”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This place is dirty, everytime I have been they are out of something weither it's jäger or a menu item.. Always out. The owner of this place is grumpy and does not aknowelge any of his customers, seems as though they hate customers. I have heard stories about unhappy employees and not being treated well. You don't want this sweaty obese owner cooking your food! This place is lacking in a lot of areas... Won't be surprised if they close the doors

• Visited November 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Mystic Jack's A+ American Style Eatery & Gourmet Pizzeria!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'm pleased to mention that a friend and I enjoyed great service and excellent food at this eatery, located in the West end of St. Catharines.

I'm unaccustomed to the West end of the city and hadn't read anything about this restaurant before I dined there so I didn't know what a friend and I were getting myself into. I'm very glad that we chose to dine at Mystic Jack's that day over another resto in the area.

My friend and I ordered:
1) Greek Salad;
2) Texas Toothpicks;
3) One Specialty Pizza: a Vegetarian 'White Pizza' named "Vinnie";
4) Steak Sub Sandwich;
5) Black Forest Cake ;
6) A Well Cocktail;
7) A pint of Premium Draught Beer;
8) A high-ball of Cranberry Juice.

The salad's lettuce was bright and crisp, the feta cheese was definitely fresh and since we each wanted a different dressing we were generously supplied with four different dressings to use at the table as we pleased.
The "Texas Toothpicks" were tasty and not overly fried. Actually, if the restaurant had offered Chicken Fried Steak as well I would've ordered it as my entrée to eat after the jalapeño side dish; it would've made for a truly Texan / Mexi-Cali meal!
I'm a tough critic when it comes to Pizza as it's one of my favourite dishes and love that it's an all-in-one meal. I've been fortunate enough to eat Pizza in numerous regions, internationally, and I'm pleased to say this Pizza was very good, indeed. I could tell the dough was fresh and home-made, it was fantastic! All of the toppings were fresh, crisp, flavourful and bright in colour; they weren't soggy, burnt, petrified or faded. The cheese combination was pleasant and the taste of pizza without the usual overly sweetened, salted or vinegar-laden marinara sauce was a welcome change.

My friend stated the steak sub sandwich was excellent and that, too, looked fresh. He said the meat was tender and cooked to the degree he requested. His only criticism was the their not having avocado, guacamole or wasabi. I jokingly reminded him that we were dining more Mid-Western than Californian or Pacific North Western...

All of the hot food was served while actually HOT, not warm, and it remained hot while we ate. We were both very happy about that.

The cake was a fresh, flavourful, rich chocolate but was missing the dark cherries; something that I believe must be a regional trend because I've ordered 'Black Forest Cake' elsewhere in St. Catharines and it was made very similarly. I would order it again, I'm only mentioning the lack of cherries so no one will expect classic recipe 'Black Forest Cake', as I had. I'd also considered the 'Blueberry Cheesecake' but knew that would be too rich for my blood after the enormous amount of starters and Pizza I'd eaten because of the sheer great taste of everything.

The friend who accompanied me ordered the beer and didn't comment on it so I assume it was fine. He also ordered a drink for me, forgetting that I'd be driving. I was ordered a 'Brandy Alexander', a vintage cocktail, in honour of us dining in Ron Sexsmith's hometown (we both work in Music). Impressively, the bartender knew the recipe but I gave it to someone seated at the bar who seemingly enjoyed it.

Our pleasant, knowledgeable and attentive Server was rapid with the delivery of our beverages and dishes.

We didn't feel rushed to leave after we'd finished dining and paid our bill.

The dining room, bar and ladies' room were clean; the music wasn't too loud and the two televisions that were turned on had the volume turned down.

Considering the enjoyable experience we both had at Mystic Jack's I'm surprised there aren't any other reviews posted here! I'm happy to spread the good word and hope those residing in and visiting the city will take the chance on Mystic Jack's, you won't be dissatisfied. Bon Appetit!

• Visited October 2013
St. Catharines, Canada
“SO MUCH POTENTIAL...BUT”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This isn't for one visit, maybe for 10 or so. I'm know what you're thinking...why do I go there this often saying stuff that isn't good? Well...just a few little complaints, hopefully the owner/manager would take heed but I don't think so...cause management is likely the problem here. Take out pizza? Don't even think about it. I've called two different times to call in an order for pick up...got voice mail and since my last call in April still waiting for a return call. Sure glad I didn't wait... I was in there in the spring, tired, coming back off the road and wanted to stop in for a couple of beers and watch the Leafs in the playoffs. I had to actually ask to put it on over some reality show blaring and when they did I couldn't hear it...I won't get into the patrons there, not their fault but guess that's the kind of bar it is. The employees are unmotivated for the most part, I know for a fact they are not happy there and I know it is all to do with management. I've got a few other stories, nah, that's enough. Bottom line is this little spot is set up nice and could do so much better than having 5 patrons on a Saturday night, place should be packed. Gun saloon up the street run by Koreans much busier despite never knowing if you will get out alive...just sad....

• Visited July 2013