“My Son's favourite restaurant and a Birthday favourite”

Jack Astor's Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Astor's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 440 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Neighborhood: York - Haig
Dunnville, Canada
“My Son's favourite restaurant and a Birthday favourite”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Love this original site. Food is great, staff are great, love the Elvis corner. My son requests that he is taken there for his birthday. We've been attending each birthday since it was opened... he loves it and so do we.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank leer850

Welland, Canada
“Usually great”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I visit Jack ASTOR's in St.Catherines regularly, and are regularly pleased with the service and the food.
Last week we went and I ordered one of my favorites , the Parmesan chicken bowties.
I was told they were out of bow tie pasta.
I couldn't believe that they could let that happen as it is one dish that is so popular that has survived all menu changes since the chain opened.

Secondly the store needs to be cleaned and renovated. The bathroom does not meet the same standard that is usual for a jack's

Lastly the bartender was filling the drink condiment tray and we saw him handling cash and then without washing his hands he opened a jar of pickles and reached in bare handed and pulled the pickles out and filled the service tray that servers use to put these condiments on people's drinks. Disgusting.
They need to address these things if they want to keep their customer base.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank MauryM
Kingston, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was the first time that I had eaten at Jack Astor's and was impressed by the menu, the staff and the food. Was very taken by the light fixtures they had at this location made from bottles of various products and drinks. Am looking forward to the opening of one here in my home town.

Visited October 2012
Goderich, Canada
“Consistantly good”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I meet up with some friends here after work a couple time a year. Always have great service and the food is consistantly good. I usually have pasta but once I had a burger and it was also very good. I would highly recommend this location.

• Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Consistent quality”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Quality of this restaurant was just as good as other Jack Astors I've been to. Was pleased with service and quality of food. Only thing I didn't like was that I could see part of the kitchen area and the floor was disgustingly filthy. That really changed the appeal of this location. Not sure that I would visit this location again based on this.

• Visited August 2012