“Not bad, but....”

Wildfire Grillhouse & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfire Grillhouse & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 438 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: York - Haig
Description: Featuring perfectly grilled steaks, fresh seafood, wood oven pizza, tapas & much more, Wildfire is a casual fine dining restaurant located in St. Catharines.
Toronto, Canada
“Not bad, but....”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

On vacation in Niagara, we stayed our first night in St. Catharines before we could get into our preferred hotel in NOTL. A friend suggested Wildfire because of their reputation for great steaks. We enjoyed our meal, and the service was just fine. We both had prime rib, and wanted a nice wine, but the server didn't really know anything about the wines, and we weren't impressed with the options overall. I should add, though, that the steak was really great.
The atmosphere is pretty modern, but the tables are tired and worn, and there is a vague sense of "unclean" throughout; not that anything seems dirty, it just doesn't leave an impression that it gets regularly cleaned or fixed-up. Also, we had a roll-up for our cutlery placed on a side plate, which is pretty chincy for a three course meal at a place that charges upwards of $40 per plate for mains.
Overall, it wasn't bad, but a restaurant that charges the prices that they do ought to have a more polished wine program and overall atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Jenn D

London, Ontario
“YUM”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Well we stayed in St Catherines and this restaurant was recommended to us... What a place. The food, atmosphere and service were over the top. My sister had the bacon wrapped filet with blue cheese and raved over it.
I had the mussels as an appetizers and the salmon as entree.
Both were excellent. Our server was excellent wish I could remember his name, the date was May 13 if the manager sees this. Give this server a thumbs up...

Visited May 2013
Toronto
“Great lunch”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pasta dish that was heavenly music to my taste. And so much of it; I ended up finishing it over two more meals. Service was attentive without being obtrusive; a hard balance to strike.

Visited May 2013
Burlington, ontario
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wanted to like it, couldn't bring myself to”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Sadly I was very disappointed in this place. I really wanted to give it a chance, since a few reviews were positive and the prices on the menu definitely not cheap. Had a special occasion with a large party and I asked if they had an elegant private room, which they said they did. What I got was a back room that looked like it might have doubled as a cloak room, extremely unimpressive. They setup our tables in a large square so you could barely speak to the person across from you, without yelling. I was embarrassed when my guests started rearranging their own tables...Complaints I have read in other reviews of the place were noticed as well: long periods of the wait staff missing (we were allocated one person so Im sure she was busy, but they should plan for that - she seem flustered), delays in service, overpriced. The variability of the product was all over the place: We had 4 NY steaks which ranged from good to overcooked and fatty. About the only thing that was bang on was the bill which came on time and with every last thing we ordered. For 600 bucks I kind of expected more though.

I really wanted to like this place. Sadly I should have stuck with my gut and kept my reservation at the Keg. Staff are always friendly and always produce a very good product and is always a very elegant ambiance. And I dont generally like chain restos and prefer to support local small business. You always know what you are going to get. I think this place could learn a thing or two from the Keg on a dining experience.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank S N
“Beats the Keg, at a lot less cost.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Appetizer excellent. Dinners both the steak and seafood excellent. Waitress a little over zealous, but that beats the alternate. I travel to St. Catherine's from Connecticut to visit my Dad. I stay in an excellent motel across the street, so I am a frequent diner here. Food always excellent, altho I wish they had better red wines by the glass. The ones they have are just passable.

• Visited April 2013