“Asked if it was ok to "lick the plate"....need I say more!!”

Wellington Court Restaurant + Catering
Reserve with OpenTable
Wellington Court Restaurant + Catering is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 466 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Wellington Court offers a relaxing atmosphere catering to diners looking for the best quality + best value. Guests will be interested to know that the restaurant is in the childhood home of Chef/Owner Erik Peacock. It is all grown up now with an interior that balances contemporary with comfort. Erik is often behind the stoves and always behind the menu, it's flavours and the concept along with the Chef de Cuisine, Cait Bermuhler. His wife Dale is a warm presence in the dining room. Keeping a solid connection with the local farmers Erik incorporates what is locally available into his creations. The wine list pays tribute to what Erik and Dale feel is also special about Niagara ... it's booming wine industry. Our beautiful private dining room is located on the second floor of Wellington Court Restaurant. Whether you desire private dining for a select few, a memorable corporate event, presentation or a dazzling dinner party, UP at Wellington Court just may be the perfect fit. The private dining room was designed with comfort + relaxation in mind while providing our well known superior product and service. UP at Wellington is available for lunch + dinner and can host sit-down private dining events or meetings as well as cocktail style parties. Whether a social gathering or business meeting, take advantage of the amenities including a 58“ screen to showcase your presentation or pictures, complete with an integrated sound system. Wellington Court Catering offers services from intimate dinners to corporate parties and weddings for hundred+. Closely associated with some of the premier event locations in the area Erik's reputation, background and team never compromise on the details.You won't be disappointed at Wellington Court Restaurant + Catering!
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We are "foodies" and always looking for somewhere new to try. Normally, we usually end up heading towards TO, but I wanted to see if there was something new or something we had missed in the Niagara area. A simple "St Catherines restaurant" search lead us to the Wellington Court.
We were so impressed right from the time we walked in.....fantastic atmosphere, great menu with a couple of not so common items....grilled octopus (don't confuse with calamari, which they have as well) venison and rabbit. Food was absolutely amazing as was the presentation.
Since we had apps and an entree....there was no room for dessert. From what I could see, it looked amazing as well. My only dissappointment was the selection of white wines by the glass. There are only 3 and they are all on the dry side....suggest "swapping" one out and adding a reisling/pinot grigio.
Cannot wait to go back and try lunch....and maybe dessert this time!!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Whenever I am in St. Catherine's, I make a point to come here for lunch. I am never disappointed the with quality/taste of the food, service and overall atmosphere. It is such a treat to have a white table cloth luncheon experience for $20. Staff are attentive. The food is consistently delicious and there are seasonal menu items along with daily specials. Even simple items are beautifully plated to add to the overall experience. The décor is contemporary and creates a sense of intimacy. This restaurant is a true gem!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We really enjoyed the ambiance and our little Chocolate with strawberry complimentary cocktail!! We both loved the Calamari and would recommend having that!! I had Chicken Breast with Risotto and my husband had the Striploin Steak and we were pleased with that! We also indulged in dessert. I had the sticky pudding which was delicious and my husband had a blueberry cheese cake with candied bacon on top that sounds weird but tasted so good :)

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Wellington Court for my birthday and as always, it was incredible. We were greeted at the door immediately and taken to our table, where the server took our coats. The restaurant is absolutely beautiful, candlelit with amazing artwork throughout. Started with a sparking cuvée, calamari and pate - both to die for and I actually asked where they purchased their champagne flutes as they were absolutely gorgeous! Service was impeccable - friendly, prompt and professional. Our mains were the duck and venison, which we both shared. We couldn't decide which one we loved more. Finished our meal with sticky toffee pudding - delicious!
This family owned restaurant is such a gem in the city of St. Catharines - an absolute must if you're anywhere in Niagara!

1  Thank JJoresar
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I had one of the most amazing pasta dishes there last week that I had to write a review, firstly, I'm one of those pain In The neck customers that modifies everything and the server was so accommodating and everything was no problem, the menu pasta called for a lamb ragu and I didn't feel like lamb but I felt like pasta so server checked with the chef and came back and said they had some braised short ribs they could add,. Most amazing pasta ever, amazing service , decor, wine list , art work and ambience all a 10 out of 10. Thank you Wellington court! I will be back

1  Thank bronco W