“Feedback? / Food fine”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #164 of 430 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Feedback? / Food fine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Dear inncredibly-niagara, Guest Relations Manager at Perkins Family Restaurant,

Do you really follow up with management-owner? I have had no feedback. I returned today for the first time. The staff actually taking our orders were quite friendly and we enjoyed our food. I was certain to park so I could see my vehicle from the window and had the alarm on. As a form of good business, the owner could have extended some kind of apology or reassurance that a video camera is to be installed near the front entrance where one is not and where the car theft occurred.

RE: 5 July 2013

• Visited August 2013

Ilderton ON
“Eatery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Excellent food. Good service. No issues whatever. Very handy to the Days Inn. Would definitely recommend

Visited August 2013
inncredibly-niagara, Guest Relations Manager at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hello - Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on Trip Advisor - we appreciate your comments!

Look forward to seeing you again real soon!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I cant believe i brought my family here...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have recently took my family to Perkins in St.Catharines, once we were seated at our table are server came up to us and said "what do you want!" in a rude tone ... we kind of shrugged it off and then proceeded to tell her what we wanted to order , we had to wait over 45mins for our meal even though the establishment wasn't that busy , when our food eventually arrived my sausage links were obviously deep fried way to long and my kids pancakes were awful some were raw and some were burnt . and my wife's eggs benedict was very runny , when we went up to pay all you could hear were the cooks yelling (I got blackout last night, I don't want to be here) and tons of swearing at each other as well as swearing at servers at them to get there food .. I definitely would not call this a family restaurant environment for my family or any family for that matter I am appalled......

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jesse D
It is always disappointing to learn when a guest does not receive the restaurant experience that we strive for. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments which provides us the opportunity to rectify the situation. Please be rest assured that this behaviour will be addressed and is not indicative of the service we strive for on a daily basis.

My sincere apologies and hope that you will provide us a future opportunity to make amends.

Washington Township, New Jersey
“Slow...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Service, while friendly, was slow as molasses both mornings we went. Oatmeal was missing its promised raisins and cranberries.

Visited July 2013
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Windows Up Tight/Lock up/Car Alarm On”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for some time. I have noticed as of late that the prices are climbing here and have started to opt for other restaurants that are not so expensive as we dine out frequently On that point, I graded value somewhere between poor and average. Still, sometimes we return here as it is familiar and we like some of the menu items. My last visit was tainted by returning to my car and finding out that someone had attempted to break into it and damaged the window. The vehicle was parked directly in front of restaurant windows/main entrance, not far away. This was a disappointment. I had left the windows down 1/4 of an inch to allow some air in as it was 33C that day. I suspect this is not the only restaurant the car thief visits as there is a health club, hotel, Montana's, Kelsey's, Costco and Fairview Mall all close together. It's put a damper on my fondness for the restaurant though at least for awhile. I contacted the management by email and still have yet to even receive an apology. The food is good, the staff is friendly and it is generally clean. I might recommend that they include a veggie burger on the menu and a soup of the day would be nice too. As for the restaurant being open late night, it is open until 10pm most nights.

• Visited June 2013
inncredibly-niagara, Guest Relations Manager at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at Perkins Restaurant. It is always of great concern of our when we do not fulfill a positive guest experience. I will follow up with the manager regarding your email and ensure a prompt reply. Once again, thank you for your feedback, without it we cant improve on any deficiencies. We hope to see you again!