“Windows Up Tight/Lock up/Car Alarm On”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #105 of 467 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for some time. I have noticed as of late that the prices are climbing here and have started to opt for other restaurants that are not so expensive as we dine out frequently On that point, I graded value somewhere between poor and average. Still, sometimes we return here as it is familiar and we like some of the menu items. My last visit was tainted by returning to my car and finding out that someone had attempted to break into it and damaged the window. The vehicle was parked directly in front of restaurant windows/main entrance, not far away. This was a disappointment. I had left the windows down 1/4 of an inch to allow some air in as it was 33C that day. I suspect this is not the only restaurant the car thief visits as there is a health club, hotel, Montana's, Kelsey's, Costco and Fairview Mall all close together. It's put a damper on my fondness for the restaurant though at least for awhile. I contacted the management by email and still have yet to even receive an apology. The food is good, the staff is friendly and it is generally clean. I might recommend that they include a veggie burger on the menu and a soup of the day would be nice too. As for the restaurant being open late night, it is open until 10pm most nights.

inncredibly-niagara, Guest Relations Manager at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at Perkins Restaurant. It is always of great concern of our when we do not fulfill a positive guest experience. I will follow up with the manager regarding your email and ensure a prompt reply. Once again, thank you for your feedback, without it we cant improve on any deficiencies. We hope to see you again!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

There are more restaurants under this chain in Niagara, this being close to the hotel wherein we have stayed, we had visited this restaurant for breakfast, which was very good and tasty. The service was good. It was value for money too.

inncredibly-niagara, Guest Relations Manager at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thanks for your comments - glad you enjoyed everything - hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

A half page ad in last Thursday's St. Catharines Standard announces that Perkins loves families and that kids eat free EVERY DAY from 3 til 10 - this ad has run for several weeks with the kids eat free claim at the top of the half page ad. The understanding was that one child eats free with one adult who orders a meal and beverage. My daughter, son-in-law and two grandsons went to Perkins last night to celebrate my grandson's 6th birthday. Two adults ordering two meals and beverages expected to get two kids meals free - they were told that wasn't so. The kids meals were $7.50 each. On top of that, my daughter told at least two people that it was her son's 6th birthday and expected some form of celebration of this event - even some ice cream and a friendly expression would have been appreciated. As a result, they left disappointed and don't plan on going back. If management don't want to give kids a free meal, don't advertise it in the paper in large print in half page ads.

Thank you for your recent visit to our Perkins Restaurant. It is always a great concern of our when we don't meet to our guests expectations. Your comments and concerns will be shared with the management team and staff and trust that this will be rectified. I hope in time you will provide us the opportunity to redeem ourselves by joining us again at Perkins Restaurant.

Kindest Regards.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was so embarrassed as the organizer of a trip to Niagara Falls that included reservations made several months prior for a group of 47 at the Perkins in St. Catherines on May 26, 2013. Upon arrival we discovered that the pre-set meals did not include items discussed prior with Stelly N., General Manager. The food was cold, over-cooked, dry, tasteless, and substandard. There were only two waitresses who spent the majority of time returning the food to the kitchen due to poor food quality and incorrect orders. Some diners were served meals 5 minutes after entering the restaurant and others waited one hour. At no time did the manager make contact with me or the diners to check on our service or experience, only after I requested to speak to the manager about this horrible situation. I am appalled that I had to pay hundreds of dollars for this inadequate service and food. The trip was marred due to this disaster.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Team dinner which was great value and choice of menu items from breakfast all the way to dinner items made it easier to choose what to eat. Nice private room for team