“Great Food Great Selection”

JJ Kapps Backyard BBQ Steak
Ranked #108 of 432 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: York - Haig
Sudbury, Canada
“Great Food Great Selection”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Service was friendly and efficient Good variety on the menu, even a gluten free section. Serving staff even went the extra mile to accommodate my weird diet. Prices were also very fair.

Visited March 2013

St. Catharines, Canada
“Surprised, but I shouldn't be.”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Fair disclosure: my daughter works in the kitchen.
However, I had actually only been here once before for brunch and that was long before she started working here.

I have to say that I was surprised at the menu. There's lots of great choices.
The decor has been updated since I was there last. It's nice.

We had a bottle of what the call the house wine. It's really a nice Niagara wine made by the winery owned by the same people that own the entire hotel property. We had the Shiraz and it was great.

We started with a dish called Pop's Dish and it was absolutely amazing. It's a blend of onions peppers and a spicy tomato sauce with feta cheese on top and chips and pita points on the side.
It sounds simple but there's something in there that just puts the flavour over the top. Really.

The we had the fajitas for two and that's an all you can affair. We did.
We had a mix of beef and chicken. I would recommend the beef as you can tell that it's fresh.
The chicken is fine but it's the kind that comes pre cooked from the supplier.
Still, it was tender and juicy.

We wrapped up with coffee and split a piece of carrot cake.

We are definitely going back to check out some other things on the menu.

Heck, I'd go for the Pop's Dish and a bottle of wine and call that a good night out.

• Visited September 2012
Colchester, England, United Kingdom
“The best steak and mushrooms!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I can't say enough positive things about JJ Kapps. I usually get the same thing, steak with button mushrooms and they're perfect everytime. The atmosphere is great, you can be as private or as open as you'd like. The service and food are great, I highly recommend it!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Dori R
pickering
“Worth it”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The food was very good..fresh and well prepared. the atmosphere is nice and clean..great if you have children...buffet is so worth it and very filling...after you eat you can go bowling and burn it off....as the bowling alle is right in the same building...as is the hotel...great spot to do just about everything

• Visited September 2012
St. Catharines, Canada
“Great food.”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We always enjoy the Brunch on the weekends. Great selection of food. Fresh omlette bar setup. We have also eaten here for dinners, Pasta bar nites... Always great food.

Visited June 2012