“Best Place For A Good Meal!”
Review of Heritage Family Restaurant - CLOSED

Heritage Family Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: York - Haig
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have been coming here for awhile and every day there is a new home made soup. They are always fantastic no matter what it is. This is also one of the rare places to still get home made style meals. I know they make their own meatballs, lasagna, sauces, home cut fries, milkshakes and most other things on the menu. Plus everything is quite reasonably priced.
I always enjoy coming here. It's best to avoid the prime times so you can have more privacy but it's still great anytime.
I need to mention their home baked pies too. They have a large assortment and they are all so good, it's hard to pick a favorite.
I think the wait staff there are terrific. As I mentioned before, during the peak hours, they get busy and the place is pretty big, so you may have to wait a bit but that's prime time for ya. They usually always do a great job of serving and providing a smile. I've seen a couple of guy servers there now too so I think that is a good thing as well.
I never hesitate to invite friends to join me to eat there. We are always very happy with the generous portions and reasonable prices.
I'm looking forward to my next visit.

There are newer reviews for Heritage Family Restaurant

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I wanted to go to a nice cozy place close to home. So we decided to go the Heritage Family Restaurant. Biggest Mistake ever. My wife ordered the 16 oz prime rib. Asked for it rare Also asked the guy server ( who was rude right from the time we sat down) if there was anything on the steak and he said no. Once our food arrived, Her steak was well-done, She then nicely explained to the guy that it was over cooked then he said because it was marinated that was the reason it was not bloody, Never once did she say she wanted it to be bloody. Basically he told her she was wrong said he could have the chef explain that she was wrong as well then the woman ( Supervisor?) also told her she was wrong then walked away. They would not make her another one and the steak was so salty she could not eat it. Only when she pushed it away to the side of the table did he take it away and say that it would not be on our bill. But never once did he ask if she wanted anything different or apologize. Then he refused to come back to the table, We had to call on him for the check. Worst service we have had anywhere.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

So my girlfriend and me were looking 4 a breakfast joint one morning {yes i can cook a pretty good meal my-self ,as can she} anyways she told me of this place so we wen't there...i was a bit aprehensive when i saw the outside of the place...just didn't look too inviting but i don't judge a book by it's cover so we wen't in...very dark place i was looking for the "shooter" girl she was nowhere to be found.We stood there for a moment not to be seated, so we seated ourselves.
The waitress came over and was pleasent and friendly,my coffee was sub-par {prolly shouldn't be comparing it to STARBUCKS...lol} the breakfast menu was priced accordingly,my eggs over-easy were slightly greasy, bacon was medium chewy{i ordered it crispy} home fries were ok...well how can u screw up potatoes ? My girlfriends breakfast was middle of the road as well....this place should incorporate fresh tomato slices on their breakfast plates as well...it would be more appealing to re-vamp the exterior and interior of this place...being that it was not too busy i have to give this place a poor review as was my breakfast....oh...you can always send back something you are not happy with, after all you are the paying customer....but what will you get back in return if you are not at a five star restaurant ???

1  Thank James W
Reviewed July 14, 2012

we were going shopping at the mall in st. catharines and I looked on here for family style restaurants in the area and found this one. We have had horrible food the whole visit at the falls and we decided we had nothing to lose trying this place. When we pulled up to the restaurant we were kinda sketchy about the place. When we walked in we got more afraid because it looks like a place they would take you downstairs and make meat pies out of you, but we stuck together and sat down.

They had so many specials on their board and they all sounded so good. I tried the chicken stuffed with broccoli and cheese, with veggies and mashed potatoes and they gave you this soup with your meal that was to die for. My husband ordered the chicken and ribs and it was a huge portion and he loved it. The food turned out to be the best food we ate the whole trip!!! You could tell it was fresh made to order and the price was very reasonable.

The interior of the place is VERY outdated, dark and kinda creepy but it is clean and huge inside. Glad we found this diamond in the rough.

1  Thank Megan B
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My partner and I went to dinner for date night. We enjoyed gorgeous prime rib with mushrooms, vegetable and a baked potato plus bruchetta bread for under $50!! It was so tasty, great service and an inviting atmosphere. Go for a meal, you are sure to enjoy!