“Awsome quality food and great service.”

Syndicate Restaurant St. Catharines
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have been going here many times. The best dish I ever had was a Chicago Style Pizza (totally enclosed) made with seafood and other things that you can add.

Their soups are superb.

The wine needs a bit brushing up on, but it is pretty good.

The courses are a bit complicated to order, but once you get the hang of it they will oblige sometimes for frequent visitors with a bit extra. It never hurts to ask. If you are a first timer, and like pizza, this is THE place to experiment with it.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I ordered a meal from the menu that was marked gluten free. When I placed my order with the server I specified that I had celiac disease and therefore needed to ensure that my meal was safe with no cross-contamination. He nodded yes and then part way through my dinner I started to have a reaction to gluten. I am still suffering the next day. Do not go here if you have celiac disease!

2  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We went on a Wednesday night, and the place was empty. The decor is clean although the booth seats seem to be to close to the table, The staff were nice and service was quick. We also ordered what the waitress was pushing the $22 dinner menu.The mixed salad was ok, but small and tasteless for the main I had the steak, which was ok had to spit out to grizzle fat chunks, I didn't see what the big deal of the aged steak was as the taste was average, (my daughter can do better with a steak from Costco on the bbq at home) The steak portion was fair but that was it, i had two potatoes and they also threw on a little bit of greens. The desert was ok, but also in a small bowl. My wife had the caesar salad she said it was good but as in our whole meal again small portions, and the small chicken she had was served on this big plate under a mushy off coloured mashed potato bed she switched halfway with me her desert because you couldn't eat it without picking up this messy shortbread cookie caked in some tastless sauce. The bill came to $56 with one coffee and the two dinners,

6  Thank suerob_13
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have been to the Syndicate I think 5 times, and I have had rare steak I think each time.
I told all my friends how good it was, and 3 I brought to the restaurant.
Tonight my steak was a bit over cooked, and it was tough, the other times it was perfect and melt in your mouth.
That is why the heading was 'What happened tonight'?
You did something to the potatoes as well, the fingerlings were delicious but you put some weird seasoning on the potatoes.
I must say the Cesar salad was the best I have had in a long time.
For sure I won't be back for awhile if ever.
I mentioned the steak to the waitress, but said I did not want to make a fuss, but now that I am home I am thinking about it and decided you should know.

4  Thank Bev374
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We decided to visit this as a group of friends on an autumn Sunday night. The menu offers a $22 three course meal, with additional charge for some options. We all had the bacon and potato soup to start which was perfectly balanced. Some of us when for the aged New York strip steak, another for the fish bowl and another the pork. Each dish was well prepared and delicious. The steak was excellent. Shortbread dessert for some, the cheese selection for others. We chose the recommended Gamay to wash things down and it was very well balanced. The service was very good, not to obtrusive but attentive. This is a great mid range restaurant between the Keg and a diner. We all agreed we would be going again and our local friends have added it to their regular list. A nice relaxed atmosphere for an evening with friends.