“Assured to be pleased”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Brantford, Canada
“Assured to be pleased”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I don't do a lot of reviews. Mostly because i'm affraid if word gets out it will affect a good thing. we were stopping in St. Catherines around dinner and I had checked Tripadviser. Good ranking, but a local I asked wouldn't stop raving. we went. Overly attentive barkeep/ waiters, Ryan knows his stuff. Don't question his recommendations. Meal, we had the carte de jour, which i think is the same every day. There are about 10 with premium if you select what is usually a more costly entre. ( went with soup, steak and dessert). streak and bbqs is a man thing and i usually am disappointed with someone elses attempt. It was excelent.
It's in the niagara wine belt, a complementary varietal is no challange. The house draft is as good as anything you would find in a bottle. But its fresh.usually i find dark beer overwhelming, try theirs it's more like an english bitter, which translates into multiple pint. My recommendation is start with the desert, probably go with any entre, although i scoped out what others were ordering. everything looked good and if your still hungry, have the salad or soup. We had carrot/ ginger. give your chief a complement, i'm going to try to duplicate it next time i have to perform.

1 Thank PARG1

St. Catharines, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

A friend took me there for my birthday.

The food was unbelievable... we ate too much was my only complaint, that and the waiter
didn't have a small fork he could bring me for my lobster...
GREAT PLACE TO EAT!!!!!!
I can't comment on cost because I didn't pay, but the menu said $22.00 for the entire 3 course meal.

js

1 Thank Jae S
Hyde Park
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Late Night treat”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

While in Ontario doing college tours, my son and I found ourselves hungry just after the hotel restaurant's closing hour (10:00 pm). We walked a crossed the street to The Syndicate, thinking that we might not be in luck and might walk into a bar crowd. We were very happy when we were greeted by the general manager, Rich and he offered us the after dinner (bar) menu. WOW! There was a great selection of items to choose from; all fresh and local meat and cooked perfectly. The choices ranged from specialty pizzas, burgers, salad, fries with duck and gravy... All gourmet and very satisfying. So happy we went there! Rich was courteous and genuinely happy to serve us, even though it was clear that he was winding his evening down. I would recommend this to everyone and plan to return if in the area again. Oh, also, the beer is is local and the best price I've paid for a pint in a while ($3.95). Can't go wrong withies place. All around an A+

1 Thank Susan W
St. Catharines, Canada
“exquisite”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food was exquisite and presented in such an artful way that we only experienced in the finer restaurants of Paris and Rome. Everything was done to perfection and the presentation and the service was excellent. The chef, certainly is fantastic in the way he prepares the absolutely delicious dishes. It was wonderful to eat in such a place that exemplifies European standards.

Welland, Canada
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great service and excellent fresh food!!! Syndicate restaurant gives you good portions and delicious food. The service was excellent. I would recommend to everyone. Delicious!

• Visited August 2013