“Birthday Dinner”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

A friend took me there for my birthday.

The food was unbelievable... we ate too much was my only complaint, that and the waiter
didn't have a small fork he could bring me for my lobster...
GREAT PLACE TO EAT!!!!!!
I can't comment on cost because I didn't pay, but the menu said $22.00 for the entire 3 course meal.

js

1  Thank Jae S

Reviewed September 5, 2013

While in Ontario doing college tours, my son and I found ourselves hungry just after the hotel restaurant's closing hour (10:00 pm). We walked a crossed the street to The Syndicate, thinking that we might not be in luck and might walk into a bar crowd. We were very happy when we were greeted by the general manager, Rich and he offered us the after dinner (bar) menu. WOW! There was a great selection of items to choose from; all fresh and local meat and cooked perfectly. The choices ranged from specialty pizzas, burgers, salad, fries with duck and gravy... All gourmet and very satisfying. So happy we went there! Rich was courteous and genuinely happy to serve us, even though it was clear that he was winding his evening down. I would recommend this to everyone and plan to return if in the area again. Oh, also, the beer is is local and the best price I've paid for a pint in a while ($3.95). Can't go wrong withies place. All around an A+

1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food was exquisite and presented in such an artful way that we only experienced in the finer restaurants of Paris and Rome. Everything was done to perfection and the presentation and the service was excellent. The chef, certainly is fantastic in the way he prepares the absolutely delicious dishes. It was wonderful to eat in such a place that exemplifies European standards.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great service and excellent fresh food!!! Syndicate restaurant gives you good portions and delicious food. The service was excellent. I would recommend to everyone. Delicious!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We visited for the first time based on the glowing reviews. Maybe, it was an off night - Sunday of the Labour Day weekend but we found the experience mediocre with flashes of brilliance. The service was spotty even though the restaurant was not full. Forgot one of our beers until we reminded server during the middle of the meal. Water glasses went unfilled . Nothing terrible but nothing great.

Appetizers salads were very good but the curried vegetable soup, while tasty, was lukewarm. Main courses of trout as well as pot roast were again good but the vegetables were cold. The seafood bowls looked beautiful with a nice mix of seafood but the broth was bland and mysteriously topped by two small pieces of stale bread

The creme brûlée was the clear star of the meal. The pastry chef should get a gold medal for that. The cheese plate ($ 2 extra) was hardly worth it. Three miniscule pieces of tasty cheese accompanied by a few stale crackers - how about a few pieces of crusty baguette or other fresh bread? Obviously, bread is not a forte of this restaurant. All four of us would have killed for a basket of bread or rolls during the meal.

The $22 for a three course meal was okay but nothing to write home about. $22 would be enough to buy good full meals in at least 3 very good local Thai restaurants (one across the street and 2 downtown on Queenston/Church)

3  Thank Dogswood