“Not going back.”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Not going back.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

On tripadviser's and a friend's request we went here last Wednesday night. What a disappointment... We chose a salad and soup, the lobster pasta and the lamb. App's were fine, but what can go wrong with a salad and mushroom soup. The pasta was not fresh, the sauce heavy coming from ?? But not fresh. My partners lamb was dry.
I could not have a coffee instead of dessert ...??? And the wine had cork in the bottle, and lipstick from better times still on the glass. We had appetizer, entree and dessert in less than an hour an 15 minutes.... Our server was also not very friendly.
Nope, first and last time at Syndicate....

“St. Catharines”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just had dinner at the St. Catharines restaurant . Will go back again and again. Food is awesome, service is great and prices affordable.

St. Catharines, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“bones in a sandwich ?come on!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

my wife and myself went in for lunch, being our first visit we were informed by host ?manager ?owner ?how lucky we were to have the oppritunity to try it !where i come from i enjoy having an opinion i dont like being told what i like and how great it was! my host ,waiter,owner assumes his food is great and wont let anyone tell him different.my girl found 2 chunks of bone in her steak sandwich which we reported to host,waiter,owner with no intention of getting a discount but only to give awareness and he told us thats supposed to be there !!come on who puts bones in a sandwich????and for some crazy reason if you hide bones between 2 peices of bread you should have us sign a waiver so u dont get sued for breaking our teeth or .back bone to say sorry would have went alot farther then treating us like we are stupid enough to believe its common practice to place bones in sandwiches its called respecting your customers.this place has alot of potential but maybe put the host waiter owner behind the scenes and let the customer CARE SPECIALISTS do their job. 80% of people dont complain they just dont come back i hope this helped

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Walter S
St. Catharines
“Excellent food, great value”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We got the prix fixe menu for $20. First of all, the portions for both the soup and salad were huge. Although my boyfriend doesn't typically like cream of mushroom soup, he found the soup delicious. The caesar salad had lots of parmesan and bacon, and the dressing was not too heavy or overwhelming. I had the 14 day aged steak with truffle and garlic butter and it was the most amazing thing I have eaten in a while. Again, the portion was very large, but I finished it all! My boyfriend had the pickerel, and while his portion was also large, he found the fish was kind of bland (it was seasoned, but not enough). Regardless, he finished all of his too. For dessert I had the chocolate tart and he had the apple turnover. Both seemed to be homemade, but had definitely been prepped a few hours before (my chocolate mousse was kind of crusty on the outside and his apple turnover was stone cold so that the ice cream wouldn't melt). They were still very delicious, however. The only real complaint was that although they fill your water glass the moment you get there, there was no refill as we ate our meal. This is obviously really minor.

Overall, a very satisfying meal and we will definitely be back. The amount and quality of food you get for the price is unbelievable. Although it is a little more than we typically spend on dinner, we felt like we got a really good deal instead of feeling ripped off like you do at other higher-end restaurants.

St.Catharines On
“Great Place”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal. We chose the hamburger. It was delicious and didn't need to smother it with ketchup and mustard to get some taste. It was very tasty. The service was great too.