“Excellent food, great value”

Syndicate Restaurant St. Catharines
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We got the prix fixe menu for $20. First of all, the portions for both the soup and salad were huge. Although my boyfriend doesn't typically like cream of mushroom soup, he found the soup delicious. The caesar salad had lots of parmesan and bacon, and the dressing was not too heavy or overwhelming. I had the 14 day aged steak with truffle and garlic butter and it was the most amazing thing I have eaten in a while. Again, the portion was very large, but I finished it all! My boyfriend had the pickerel, and while his portion was also large, he found the fish was kind of bland (it was seasoned, but not enough). Regardless, he finished all of his too. For dessert I had the chocolate tart and he had the apple turnover. Both seemed to be homemade, but had definitely been prepped a few hours before (my chocolate mousse was kind of crusty on the outside and his apple turnover was stone cold so that the ice cream wouldn't melt). They were still very delicious, however. The only real complaint was that although they fill your water glass the moment you get there, there was no refill as we ate our meal. This is obviously really minor.

Overall, a very satisfying meal and we will definitely be back. The amount and quality of food you get for the price is unbelievable. Although it is a little more than we typically spend on dinner, we felt like we got a really good deal instead of feeling ripped off like you do at other higher-end restaurants.

There are newer reviews for Syndicate Restaurant St. Catharines

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal. We chose the hamburger. It was delicious and didn't need to smother it with ketchup and mustard to get some taste. It was very tasty. The service was great too.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went for my sisters birthday and everything was just perfect!!!! There were 12 of us there and only 2 had been before. The food was excellent as all of us enjoyed our meals. Never felt rushed between courses, and all the staff we encounter from the minute we walked into the front doors were excellent. A huge thank you goes out to our servers Ryan and Conner. They were just amazing with all of us and our kids. We all kept saying through out our visit that we can not wait to go back again. Thanks for a great evening!!!!!!!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We went to Syndicate for a celebratory dinner in GREAT moods and with high expectations and were TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTED! After being told over the phone that we could NOT make a reservation for around 7pm we decided to walk in. When we walked in at 7:05pm to a restaurant that was half empty we were told they were just flipping tables and it would be 10 min! After sitting at the bar for an hour and watching group after group walking in and getting tables my husband complained. APPARENTLY these people had reservations for 7:30 but when I called (and talked to the "boss") I was not told I could have one for 7:30pm when I asked for AROUND 7pm. As my husband was complaining to the hostess the "boss" whether he was the owner or manager (Ryan I believe his name is) came over and was INCREDIBLY rude to my husband! We had also asked for a certain drink at the bar and was told rather rudely by him that this drink is not allowed in his bar and they ONLY serve high end scotch and whiskey. I am sorry but this establishment is nowhere close to being high end! This restaurant looks like a slightly re-done East Side Marios. When most of your restaurant patrons are walking in with baseball hats and sweatpants and don't feel out of place you are NOT a high end restaurant! Are you trying to be like The Keg or Applebees? Maybe you should try to get that straight! My experience was DEFINITELY ruined by this "gentleman"! If he is the owner he needs to learn a thing or two on how to treat his paying customers and if he is the manager then something should be done about him, that's how furious I am with this establishment! Although the food was ok I will definitely NEVER go here again and I would suggest everyone else try somewhere different as well!

2  Thank M C
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My friends and I had dinner here. Had great drinks the hawaiian 5-0 is very yummy then for dinner had ceasar salad, the honey jack chicken and the chocolate tart. Everything was awesome tasting and the amount of food you get for $20 is unreal! Our server Ryan gave great service and made our first time at Syndicate and great experience. Great food and Awesome service for sure!

1  Thank Marlana S