“NEVER again”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“NEVER again”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Went to Syndicate in St Kitts with my mother and father. We each had the 3 course meal for $20. When we got our food, it was cold, really bland, and tiny bones still in the fish... To top that, you don't get much on the plate so we ended up going to Burger King. I do not reccomend this place to anybody.

3 Thank SxE-Steven

St. Catharines, Canada
“Bathrooms out of service!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had a 25 person reservation for 730, when we arrived at the restaurant our reservation had been given to another party that had arrived late for their earlier reservation. After waiting over 30mins for them to leave, we finally got seated. There was no compensation.
Food was good, but the service was horrible! Every time had to get up to get a drink at the bar, bartender looked at me and walked away from the bar. A number of servers also noticed me yet I was not served. The waitress's were getting served will I continued to stand and wait, unbelievable!

We had the "private room" yet other customers were walking through throughout our night.

Halfway through dinner they announce that the bathrooms are out of service and we could walk next to Burger King or across the street to Tim Hortons. Unreal, I will never go back.

5 Thank Stathl
Grimsby, Canada
“Great quality, affordable dining”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Finally made it! Definitely need to reserve. Our first experience & definitely not last. Very high quality meals & excellent prices. Can't go wrong. Nice to see St. Catharines finally gets a decent restaurant, that's unique! Both my husband & I went for the $20 prix-fix deal. I had the Caprese Salad, Lobster Ravioli & Vanilla Creme Bulee; my hubby had the Bacon&Onion Soup, Bouillabaisse & Apple Crumble Cake - all very yummy! Their vanilla wheat beer was quite nice, smooth & not bitter, hubby had the Blonde as well, which is more on the Heineken taste, both very good & cheap pints! I'm not sure why people complain about the wine menu - it's a pretty good selection (and I'm usually a wine drinker, kinda snob!). Our waitress was very friendly, informative & efficient. The timing between courses was just right! As we were leaving, a gal in the booth behind us, had the braised lamb shank & let me tell you (I wouldn't eat lamb) the aroma from that plate was absolutely divine! What a wonderful experience we had, so should you - honestly, can't go wrong! Our mission is to conquer everything on the menu, can't wait!

1 Thank 4BeachParadise
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value, great service”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

An excellent deal is the 3 course meal for $20 (plus a little extra for something like steak). Service is super prompt and friendly. Drinks are reasonably priced. A very good deal and very popular with all ages. Not especially a kids place.

Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
“Bland Bland Bland”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I recently visited syndicate during lunch. I ordered a lobster salad sandwich which was delicious. I was so impressed that me and my boyfriend decided to go for dinner. Bad Idea. I ordered the pickerel...my favourite. This meal was supposed to come with seasoned veg, potatoes and a beurre blanc sauce. My veg was 3 of the tiniest skinniest green beans I had ever seen, 2 fingerling potatoes...and then the pickerel. So bland, maybe a dash of pepper was on it....and the beurre blanc sauce was invisible? 2 drops of butter on my plate was their version of beurre blanc. It's a real shame because the atmosphere is nice and the lunch I had was fantastic. I'll give it one more try for dinner....hoping next time changes my mind!

2 Thank Brandeecat