“Disappointed”

Johnny Rocco's Italian Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Strongly tied to our Italian roots, it was a passion for family and food that sparked the fire that is Johnny Rocco's! Not your every day Italian restaurant, experience dining full of flare, style, and above all, great food. It's quality food that remains at the heart of our mission. Italian cuisine at its' best, from authentic classics to our signatures dishes. Every plate at Johnny Rocco's is prepared with the culinary passion of our dedicated chefs, who have trained, where else? But Italy! So come sit at our table, taste our food, drink the wine, and feel our passion!
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Well Where to start! Our boss took 14 of us out to dinner, first we were a bit early ( ten minutes). And asked we could get a drink while we waited for rest of our team. We were in a VIP room supposedly, so our waitress finally showed and in her own way we understood we were TOO early? Forgot one of our entres, was told I will take dessert orders first,NAND then, your coffee orders. She certainly was not very friendly at all and I would have thought the manager might have stuck his head in too see how our evening was going !! Now we are not fussy folk, but really, a little customer service goes a LONG way!

1  Thank lovethesun5657

Reviewed October 31, 2012

When my wife and I arrived arrived for Wednesday lunch. It wasn't busy but we had to wait several miniutes before we were acknowledged and seated. Waiter was very good throughout the meal. We both ordered from the 15 minute "EXPRESS LUNCH" menu. My mushroom ravioli was delicious but only warm in temperature. My wife had the chicken pannini which was dry and lacked flavour. It took 20 minutes to get our salads and our entrees didn't arrived for 25 minutes. Waiter was attentive and offered water, coffee, dessert etc. cleared the table and brought the bill on a timely basis.

Full marks for atmosphere and wait staff, but needs a lunch hostess and the kitchen scores below average for food quality and for being slow.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Im not sure why people are giving this place poor reviews. I have been here many times and have never been disappointed. Usually my friends and I visit on Thursday nights for their amazing tapas. So yummy and very reasonably priced however last December I also went for a Christmas party at this location and the full meal was delicious as well. I do have to agree though that the place is very loud even when not very busy but after a bit you don't even seem to notice. Also they do have a sound proof room in the back near the kitchen if you make reservations for a decently sized group. The time we got that room we had about 7 people with us for tapas. My last visit was early September and other than having to wait for one of the hostesses to notice us by the door, it was great as usual.

1  Thank Miss O
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went early on a Saturday evening around 5:00, party of 4. Beautiful building but very noisy even though the place wasn't terribly busy. Our server took our drink orders pretty quickly but it was some time before he returned with them. He took our food order, but never returned to top up drinks. My husband finally went to the bar to request another drink which was promptly brought over by the bartender, who also returned to top the coffees. After about 45 to 50 minutes our meals arrived, no apologies for the delay nor for the lack of service while we waited. Food was good but the staff seemed very apethetic, not what we expected. Very disappointing.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The wait staff were considerate and conscientious.

Supposedly you should go to a full restaurant because full means it is a good restaurant; this restaurant is the exception to that rule.

Four different meals, all cold and lacking in flavor. The house salads were iceberg lettuce with one olive, one small piece of a tomato and the salad dressing tasted like a poor bottled variety.

We did not complain.... It is seldom if ever worth it and the wait staff did not deserve to bear the annoyance as she and they were fast, courteous, and conscientious with everyone.

Go to the Keg on Glendale or drive to somewhere else in St. catharines or Niagara Falls to look for another Italian restaurant if Italian is what you would like to have; just do not eat here.

3  Thank Linda B
tv2009, Owner at Johnny Rocco's Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Linda,

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for your concerns regarding our restaurant in St. Catharines. Our goal is to deliver the perfect Guest experience every time and we failed to do this for you, your family.

Guest feedback helps us determine the necessary improvements that we must make in an effort to serve you better. We value your feedback and appreciate the time you have taken to tell us about your experience.

I would love another chance to show you some Johnny Rocco's hospitality. Please provide with your address and I will send you a gift certificate. Please come and visit us again, and be sure to ask for me so that I can thank you in person for bringing this matter to my attention.
Thank you again for sharing you feedback.

Tony Visca