“Excellent for Vegans or Non-Vegans!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rise Above

Rise Above
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Rise Above is an all vegan restaurant and bakery, located in the heart of downtown St. Catharines, Ontario. We use only plant-based ingredients because we believe that it is possible to eat well and enjoy life without harming other species or our environment. We specialize in comfort foods, healthy choices, and fresh baked desserts.
Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent for Vegans or Non-Vegans!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been a fan of their bake goods since they opened as a bakery and were venders at the market. This was my first time coming in to eat. I came here for lunch with my mom (who is non-vegan). We shared the soup of the day (pumpkin), pizza of the day (arugula, potato, mushroom, onion, with garlic aioli sauce), mozza sticks, sweet potato tostadas, and cherry cheesecake for dessert. All the food was beautiful, delicious and fresh! Service was great and the Bill Murray artwork was neat!

• Visited September 2012

• Czech first
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Great vegan restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was pleased to come across a restaurant that had healthy vegan options. I went here for the first time as recommended by a family member who comes here all the time.
We were greeted & seated right away. There was only 1 other table eating inside.
Our server was very professional & friendly, some of the best service I've ever had.
I ordered the Lentil burger which was fantastic. Very tasty & slighty spicy with a side salad.
CONS
They did'nt have a light dressing, only 1 house dressing, so I opted for it on the side.
I asked for Ketchup for my burger & they did'nt have any which I found odd. They only have mayo & mustard.

Our food came out very quickly. The prices are good. I'm looking forward to going back & trying other selections.
My guest also enjoyed her soup & salad immensely.

• Visited September 2012
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Vegan or not, you'll love their food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I've eaten here 3 times now and had something different each time. The food is flavourful, hearty portions, well priced and healthy on top of it all! The staff is very friendly and the service attentive. The soups in particular are amazing. If you have a bit of a sweet tooth, you must try one of their desserts. Just don't plan to go on a Monday as this is the chef's day off and the doors will be locked.

• Visited June 2012
Niagara
“Excellent Vegan Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Many people are reluctant to try a vegan restaurant, under the impression the food, while it may be healthy, isn't very tasty. Well, Rise Above definitely destroys this myth. Everything about this place makes you want to come back. The food is absolutely tremendous, the ambience very nice, the service excellent, portions sizes are just right and the prices are also very good.
My wife and I moved from Toronto to the Niagara area five years ago and were disappointed in our inability to locate either a vegetarian or vegan restaurant in the Niagara area that would rival the many good ones we have found in Toronto. With Rise Above we have found the restaurant that entices us back over and over again. In fact, since our first visit, about four weeks ago, we have been back at least five times and plan on returning again and again.
We have tried just about everything on the menu (there are some slight differences between lunch and dinner) and have enjoyed it all. The daily soup is always tasty, the chili is mouthwatering, we love the Asian Noodle salad and the cucumber salad was tremendous. For the entrees, we have tried the refried bean burrito, enchilada, market veggies, pizza of the day, GSO crispy seitan and hand rolled potato gnocchi – we have not yet been disappointed with anything we have ordered!!!
They do not serve alcohol currently (when I asked they were unsure if they were going to get a license) but do have a nice assortment of cold drinks.
This is a great place to eat, and you don’t have to be a vegetarian/vegan to enjoy this restaurant!

• Visited April 2012