“Nice Find!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Our servers were kind & eager to please, serving unlimited appetizer portions at our lunch time experience. The food was delicious. However, we would have liked to see more choices of the non-sushi variety which were not deep fried.

My only problem with the restaurant was that I did not find the benches or chairs comfortable.

It is so reasonably priced, that many students frequent this place, but if you remain long enough, you will see various ages.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Not really much to say but that this is the best sushi I have ever had.

The portions are small and that is because they don't fill you up with a ton of rice in each bite.

Dinner is good value but the lunch is incredible value. I have tried every sushi joint in town and it is no contest.

1  Thank lightsout56
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I take back "The best in St. Catharines by far". Last month I came here with my girlfriend for lunch, the servers were great and our food came out fast. I went here again with a bunch of friends hoping the service and food would be just as great as the last time, I was WRONG. The 'server' who took our order was the owner, Nick Ni. He didn't smile at us or seemed pleasant when we were ordering our dishes and he was making faces when we ordered a bunch of stuff. We had waited 15-20 minutes for our appetizers to come out, which should have only taken 5 minutes since those are pre-made and it was not busy at all; we didn't get the rest of our apps until another 10 minutes. My friend ordered the coconut soup that never came. She asked Nick Ni where her soup was since it had been half an hour already and he told her that she's the first once to order it this morning and would take a bit of time, which I didn't understand because my girlfriend ordered the same soup and got hers when our apps finally came. Some of our order still hadn't arrived as well as the soup. This time around the one serving us was a girl who told us the paper must have gotten lost and told us she'll place it again and it should come out as soon as possible, which it did. We had the teriyaki beef which tasted like liver and looked like there was meat glue keeping the meat together. I find Nick Ni is cutting cost and making substitutes for the food here at Sushi Ai. The second time I was here with my gf, Nick Ni wasn't, which I find is why the service was great and the waiting time was short. Nick Ni should learn some customer service skills and not be so cheap. I will NEVER come back here again.

4  Thank kingofleons
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The food were presented well and tasted great, the decor was nice but the washroom looked old and dirty; could use some renovations. Water glasses were dirty with lip stains and lemon particles when there were no lemon in our water. Some sauces didn't go well with the food (eg. sauce for the cheese wontons didn't make sense; made the wontons more oily). Other than that, the flavour profile of the food made up for the dirty glassware and I'll most likely come back again.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I've been to Sushi Ai (despite the listing name in here, you can clearly see from the sign that it's "Sushi Ai", not "Ai Sushi"... which might matter if you're trying to get directions - LOL) a bunch of times, and I'm always pleased and stuffed by the time I leave.
The ingredients are fresh, the servers keep the food coming, and often have helpful recommendations. Excellent value.
I recommend the "Sushi Ai" and "Green Dragon" dishes, particularly.