“Inattentive and bland”

Chang Noi's Thai Cuisine
Ranked #24 of 448 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Home away from Home Hideaway to Thailand Where the LOCALS dine and the VISITORS find!
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The night we went, the service was terrible. We waited for everything, from menus to a server to take our order to the food to the bill. I don't think we ever got our drinks. The food was bland. It didn't have the balance of hot, sour, salty and sweet that is so ingrained in Thai cuisine.

1  Thank Daphy L
There are newer reviews for Chang Noi's Thai Cuisine

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have previously given Chang Noi's a very positive review on another site. I still think that they have great food. However, we went in for dinner again and were quite turned off by the service. It was Saturday, we worked late and were not heading out for dinner until about 9.
I checked the website for hours. "Open until 10." Great. We headed over. Arrived at 9:10. The first thing we were told is "Just so you know, the kitchen closes in ten minutes." What a way to welcome a guest! I mentioned that I checked the hours online. I was told that customers can stay until 10, but the kitchen closes in ten minutes. That's a ridiculous policy. Your posted closing time is your last seating. End of story. If the kitchen closes at 9:20, you close at 9, not 10 as posted online and on the front door.
For the duration of the meal, the service was no better. We were rushed to order, never given refills on water until the end of our meal, never asked if we wanted a second drink from the bar, and were presented with our bill very enthusiastically without being asked if we wanted tea, dessert, etc.
In the end, we left around 10 and were not even the last table to leave the restaurant. What an inconvenience we turned out to be. Such a silly, misguided way to approach customer service. Do better next time, Chang Noi's. You only get two strikes in my ball game.

2  Thank FreudianSip
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

This place has the most amazing authentic Thai food in the Niagara region! You will not be disappointed. The service is great and the food is authentic and soooo Good!!!!Get the pad Thai!!! Yummmmy

Reviewed November 12, 2012

i have been to Thailand on three different occasions. I love Thai food and gladly order it when the opportunity arises. Chang Noi, is in my opinion the best Thai food I have had outside of Thailand. And in fact better than a good many in Thailand. Every thing was very tasty and well prepared and nicely presented. The service was top notch and the restaurant itself is clean and comfortable and welcoming. All in all I cannot wait for my next visit.

1  Thank thomaskisses
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Chaing Noi's chef delivers authentic Thai food, but more than that, he elevates it to a higher level. Every dish we ordered delivered numerous layers of flavor, including but not overpowered by the heat that we enjoy in Asian cuisine. Service was friendly but efficient and our order arrived quickly.