“Poor food quality and cold atmosphere”
Review of Dani's Bistro

Dani's Bistro
Ranked #27 of 442 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Lovely bistro located on wine route and across from the Performing Arts Centre. We carry a large variety of VQA wines, many by the glass and even on tap. Hard time deciding? We also offer wine by the flight. We also have beer and cider on tap. Delicious and fresh, join us for tapas, for lunch, dinner or dessert, you will not be disappointed. We also have a boxed lunch option.
St. Catharines, Canada
“Poor food quality and cold atmosphere”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The food quality was very disappointing. Dry food was stale - breads, cracker. Cooked food had freezer burn. Atmosphere is cold and hollow, the restaurant echoes. Not planning on returning anytime soon. It was not cheap either.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Dashriprock22

Thorold, Canada
“A good lunch fare”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I visited with a friend for lunch. We were warmly welcomed and the service throughout was very friendly. We both had the soup of the day (a tom yum with pork dumplings). It was very tasty and had lots of stuff in it. I had the blackedned tilapia and my friend had the mac and cheese. My tilapia was good and spicy, the rice and salad accompanying were ok. Nothing extraordinary. My friend said her mac and cheese was disappointing. The experience was good and the menu had lots of choices. If I were to go back (and I might for lunch), I would try the tapas. They had an interesting (albeit not very extensive) selection of cold and hot tapas.

• Visited December 2012
Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
“Love love loved it!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Dined there for the first time this evening and it was just great. My boyfriend & I each had 2 glasses of wine, a delicious spinach artichoke dip & I had Mac N Cheese with a fresh mixed green salad while he had the white pizza with sliced potatoes and leeks. The entire bill came to $59.00 (unbelievable value!).

It was packed when we went (without a reservation, we'll know next time) but they made every effort to find us a spot within the half hour. All of the staff were extremely friendly. Great decor and cozy atmosphere as well.

The food came out in a timely manner and everything was delicious. They even have gluten free options which I love. Friendliest restaurant in town. Will be back many times!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Katie S
danimur905, Owner at Dani's Bistro, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It's great that you took the time to share your experience with everyone, and REALLY great that your experience was a good one! We will look forward to seeing you again, Danielle
Welland, Canada
“Good Food - Stopped in for a Quick Bite.”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Looking for a place downtown St.Catharines and decided to try Dani's. Was inpromtu and was good. Great waitress (very friendly) and all the food was good. Gotta have the Rizzoto Balls, they are awesome!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Chad S
St. Catharines, Canada
“cute little place with great wine, cheese, and tapas”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

They have good quality wine, cheese, and small home-style tapas for a good price. The patio is off the street and protected by the wind and rain with a full roof, inside is simple but quaint.

Visited July 2012