“Very good option for food in a not very foodie place.”
Review of Dani's Bistro

Dani's Bistro
Ranked #27 of 438 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lovely bistro located on wine route and across from the Performing Arts Centre. We carry a large variety of VQA wines, many by the glass and even on tap. Hard time deciding? We also offer wine by the flight. We also have beer and cider on tap. Delicious and fresh, join us for tapas, for lunch, dinner or dessert, you will not be disappointed. We also have a boxed lunch option.
Bartlett, Tennessee
“Very good option for food in a not very foodie place.”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We wanted to take a drive away from the overly touristy area of Niagara. This was a good option. The dessert was the best -- bread pudding. Cajun shrimp was also nice. Risotto was OK, not great. We enjoyed the live music they had there too.

, Owner at Dani's Bistro, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of Dani's. I'm glad you decided to head off the beaten track and that you enjoyed your visit with us. It means a lot to have guests from out of town coming in to our little bistro! Once again, thank you for sharing your experiences. Hope to see you again if you are up this way, Danielle

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Mother's Day lunch was memorable”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I throughly enjoyed our Mother's Day lunch at Dani's. It was my first time here, same with the rest of our party. We reserved a private table, which was similar to sitting at your own kitchen table away from the other guest. Our server was very pleasant. Or food wwas delicious, they had mostly french & confort foods, selections seemly different from other restaurants. The prices were great as well. We loved the carrot cake french toast my son ordered, to die for!!!
Thank you for a great dinning experince. We will be back.

• Visited May 2012
, Owner at Dani's Bistro, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed everything. The private dining room is available for groups of 6 to 8 people any time you want to hold a small celebration (or meeting) and if your group is smaller and the room isn't in use you are welcome to use it, too. That carrot cake French toast was nice, wasn't it? It will definitely be on the menu for next Mother's day. Hope to see you before then, Danielle
Toronto, Canada
“Treasure of Niagara!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about Dani's Bistro. The food is superb, the people are friendly and the atmosphere is very warm and welcoming. I have made Dani's my go-to restaurant in Niagara. Even though I live in Toronto, I will make a special trip down just to enjoy some of their great food.

My personal favourites are the escargot (butter, garlic and I'm drooling!), the caprese salad (tastes like Italy on a plate), the chicken liver pate (order one to take home with you for the next day) and Dani's famous pot roast. This stuff is gold! Delicious, fall-apart meat and a sauce good enough to go to heaven for.

Not only is the food good but the bistro also has an excellent wine list. Lots of choices, an abundance of Ontario wines to select from and very reasonably priced.

The people are a huge part of what makes Dani's great. The moment you walk through the door, you feel welcome and at home. The wait staff ensure you are taken care of and Dani herself is always there to make the rounds, stopping by each table to talk to each customer. You leave feeling like you've just visited an old family friend who cooked you a great meal.

I love the intimate atmosphere at Dani's. There aren't too many tables so the resaurant isn't rowdy and noisy, a nice change from some of the bigger places in the downtown core.

If you're anywhere in Niagara, a visit to Dani's Bistro is a MUST!!!

danimur905, Owner at Dani's Bistro, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much for your review. It means alot to everyone who is trying to make your experience at Dani's a good one. Now we just have to live up to it every time.... Thank you agian for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review. Danielle
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing as always!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Went back to Dani's on the weekend for yet another amazing meal. Always great food no matter what you order - but i totally recommend the Pot Roast. I in fact recommend getting one to take away and enjoy again the next day at home its just that good.
Always great service and always great prices.

danimur905, Owner at Dani's Bistro, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. Taking the time to post on tripadvisor means alot to everyone--the folks who work hard at Dani's to make sure your experience is a good one--and to the people who look to you for recommendations. It is much appreciated. Also it's really nice to know that our pot roast is good enough to travel back to Toronto! Danielle
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Lovely atteinable luxury”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Working as an entertainer in Canada, it is rare that I enjoy going out to dine anywhere, period. Usually I have people bothering me while I'm just trying to enjoy a nice quiet dinner with my girlfriend. At Dani's, I was supremely and very pleasantly surprised with the nice, easy atmosphere. The restaurant is open in concept, yet it felt intimate and private. No crying babies. No screaming children. No loud, laughing families. No slow service. It was amazing. The food was simple, but had flare and was very tasty. Everything was fresh, and the prices made me realize how over-priced other restaurants that have sub-par service really are. I enjoyed it so much, that I asked the bistro owner if we could film a segment for an upcoming MTV show in the bistro. She answered yes without any hesitation. This kind of support for the arts, culture, and general appreciation to clientele, shows professionalism and generosity. This is rare in the world of dining, and I hope more people notice restaurants like this, instead of focusing on over-rated chain-restaurants. The head chef came out personally to greet my girlfriend and I, and to check that the food was up to our standards. We were hungry, which is the best seasoning, so he had us on his side before we even met him. Nonetheless this added to our experience, and it meant a lot to the both of us. I do hope you visit the bistro, and enjoy your visit when you're there.

danimur905, Owner at Dani's Bistro, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you for an amazing review. As Alex Kazam you are not as anonymous as most reviewers so I want to take the time to thank you for your graciousness, not just as a guest but also when you returned to film the video on the patio. Several of our guests came in to the restaurant and had questions for you and you gave them an unforgettable and highly entertaining show of up-close sleight of hand magic. You (and your lovely girlfriend) are a class act!
Thank you again for taking the time to write this review. All the best, Danielle