All reviews room was clean located right business trip st canada rates microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

I have never been so horrified with a hotel in my life!!! Just don't stay there. The carpet is gross and torn, the ceiling is falling apart in the bathroom and the counter had chipped paint all around the sink. It has furniture that wouldn't be sellable at a Goodwill, and has old old bedding.
The toilet had dirt all over it. The tub had paint stains and dirt all around it. I wouldn't even shower in it.The shower curtain was old, dirty and torn along the bottom.
I wanted my money back but was refused it! Was even shown two more rooms and they all looked the same. I asked the attendant if he would shower in any of them and he said the hotel has improved from what it was. I don't know how anyone would even work for this owner!! The price was a whopping $100.00 And no continental breakfast either, just coffee. What a disgusting dump! I can't believe this owner would expect anyone to ever give it a good review or how they sleep at night.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank ChrisS12739
Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

The room was filthy, rugs stained and old, bathroom was not cleaned and did not use the shower facility because it was so dirty. The bedding looked like it wasn't laundered in months, sheets were clean, but the rest was disgusting. Never stay there again!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Debbie W
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2017

Thank you Debbie for your feedback. As you can see we make sure to read every review and respond to every guest. We take the feedback positively to ensure we can always do better.

I am sorry you felt the way you did staying at our establishment. We have received complaints about our carpets. Being an outdoor corridor property we have a lot of snow and salt that does come in. I guarantee you that our carpets get vacuumed every time a guest checks out. We try to shampoo rugs as often as we can. In the last month management has decided to switch the flooring from carpet to vinyl flooring for that reason. With so many trades coming in with boots it becomes difficult to keep clean.

Debbie I am unsure about the complaint about the bathroom as we in the last 2 months just had our bathtubs, bathroom floors and toilets replaced with brand new products. We have been getting so much positive feedback that they look great.

As for our sheets and linen all of it is outsourced by a company called whiz a top linen which washes all our linen and comes packaged back to us dried and folded.

I hope you give us another chance to prove to you that this was not a representation of our quality of service.

Thank you.

Reviewed February 23, 2017

Excellent. Helpful staff, great location and very nice motel. Nice pool area with BBQ for Summer stays. Rooms are large wit lots of room to move around. Located in the middle of many restaurants and entertainment areas.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2017

Thank you Bernie M for your positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to read that you found staff, facility and location to be exactly what you would expect. We at Canadas Best Value try to provide the best experience possible at the most reasonable rates possible. Reading feedback like yours reminds us to try harder and know that our efforts do not go unnoticed.

We hope to see you again when you are back in the area. Have a safe trip home.

Reviewed February 19, 2017

Excellent service. My son forgot a loved stuffed animal in the room on checkout and the staff found it and pulled it aside and when I contacted them they sent it back to us without a problem. Great location right off the highway and close to many restaurants. Economical pricing for a family who is travelling and needs a clean comfortable place to sleep.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2017

Thank you John A for your feedback. We are so happy your son was able to get his stuffed animal back. Much of the staff that works here at Canadas Best Value has family and children and can understand how much a favorite toy means to them.

I am also pleased to see you really enjoyed your stay with us and found it economical and convenient.

We try to cater to all types of travelers weather they are trades, tourists, families or a last minute trip.

We hope to see you again in the future. Hope you had a safe drive home.

Reviewed January 31, 2017

Was staying in Saint Catharines for business on Friday night and Saturday afternoon. I didn't want to drive all the back to Toronto. The rooms were clean and warm, all the basic essentials. Staff was courteous and friendly

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Stevegrisbrook for your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear we were able to meet your expectations.

Steve we have many travelers which even during the week do not like driving back and forth to Toronto due to the cost of gas along with the travel time involved. We have many great corporate and trades rates which we offer to those in this situation to help them making it financially affordable and less stressful.

If you are ever back in the area for work again give us a call and we will do our best to accommodate you to avoid the drive back and forth.

See you next time!