“Less Than Expected”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Salmon Arm, Canada
“Less Than Expected”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Although the motel is in the middle of renovations, they are by no means completed.
We found our experience at Canada Best Value Inn, St Catharines a bit below what we have come to expect from this chain.
The room, supposedly recently renovated , needed a thorough cleaning, especially the bathroom,
The room was supposed to be a non-smoking room but had the odour of stale smoke.
The stay was probably good value for money but was certainly not up to the standard we have come to expect with Canadas Best Value Inns.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We were in town for a wedding and needed an affordable hotel to spend the weekend. My husband and I were quite pleased with the hotel rates considering it is located just a few minutes away from the falls. Upon arrival the hotel staff were extremely friendly and informed us of all of the hotel amenities. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Considering the price we payed this hotel was amazing.I would definitely stay here again Dont minnd the mess in the pictures I was unpacking.

-Shelly

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shelly B
Reviewed May 1, 2014

A hidden treasure in St. Catherine's! I needed an affordable place to spend the week as I had a conference in St. CatHerines.I had been staying at Comfort Inn in the past and decided to give this hotel a try. The hotel is nicely renovated and looks as good as new.The staff were friendly and the housekeeping did a great job at keeping the rooms clean. Cons: could not take advantage of the pool due to weather.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Eihcur
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The rooms are clean, the service is great! We had no issues at all, and will definitely be staying there again! It was quiet and very very comfortable. The staff are very accommodating.

Thanks for a great stay.

Mark & Kim
Scarborough, ON

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MarkKim19751976
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hi Mark & Kim,

It was great to have you this year. I hope the competition went well and you had a safe drive back to Scarborough. I am very pleased to hear that you had a great time at our inn. Doing our best to keep our guests happy is our number one commitment. We are doing our best to continue our upgrades and to continue to provide you with clean, comfortable rooms at a very affordable price.

Thanks

Manny
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2014

When we got to our room the door was wide open and it was freezing inside. The hotel information said that the room had a microwave, frig and coffee machine but it was missing all 3. I actually thought maybe someone had stolen them because of the room being open and there was a spot were they should go. Room information also said they had a light continental breakfast but they didn’t even have bread, only 3 types of dried cereal.

The positives were that the room had been recently renovated so the carpet and tiles were brand new.

You get what you pay for here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Hello Cynthia,
I would first like to say that I do thank you for your comment and I do apologize on behalf of the establishment that your stay was less than expected. Your opinion matters to us and allows us to serve you better on your next stay as we can correct any mistakes from our side. As you mentioned we have recently renovated out rooms and along with new carpeting, tiles, and paint we have also installed new furniture. Upon the new furniture arrival and installation we had an issue with the microwave and fridge cabinets and our existing models were too big to fit inside. However we have placed an order to have new fridges and microwaves that are the correct size to be delivered before the end of March. It was an issue we were aware of but due to the quantity unable to get them on time. I am unsure to why your door was open prior to arrival. Our housekeeping does a secondary check before the rooms are ready for rental but I have brought it to their attention to always double check the doors. Again I apologize for any inconvenience and hope you come again to see the ongoing changes we are making to give you a more relaxing and comfortable stay.
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Spotted this inn right off the highway for my husband, kids and I to get some rest after a long car ride. I noticed that it was only about 10-15 minutes away from Niagara Falls, which was fantastic because we didn't have to pay the ridiculous rates of the hotels that are located downtown Niagara, and on top of that free parking! The quality and service was outstanding for the price that we got our room for. We didn't need to use the wifi, but it connected on my phone so I assume it works. The staff was very helpful and pleasant; we wanted an extra pillow or 2 for my kids and by the time we got back to our room there was already someone at our door! There are plenty of restaurants close by, we enjoyed a good meal at Boston Pizza, which was just a little down the street. Very clean rooms, in fact I had the opportunity of meeting the manager and he let us have a sneak peek at a room that they have just been renovating. I was absolutely wow'd by how modern the paint colours, furniture, and tv were. We can't wait to visit back when these rooms are finished!! I saw some negative comments on how the rooms are not modern, unfortunately I didn't get to take pictures of the new look, but I can definitely say that they're worth another stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Reenu K
Hello Rennu,
I would first like to say that I do thank you for your comment and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our inn. Like you said we are located very close to Niagara Falls and walking distance to many restaurants. At Canadas Best Value Inn we take pride in our customer service and cleanliness and we are continuing to do our best to provide the best service possible in the most reasonable prices. I do recall showing you some of the renovated rooms and they are open. Of course there will always be the small touch ups along the way but we are doing our best to make them as fast and efficient as possible. Again I thank you for your time with us and hope to see you in the near future again Rennu.
London, Ontario
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Stopped at this inn which is located right off the highway. Price was well worth the quality, cleanliness and service. About 15 minutes to Niagara Falls and 10 minutes to Brock University. Parking was free, wifi worked great and the light breakfast in the morning was quite filling. This is a new addition to my favourites in my gps for the drive back into Canada!

• Stayed January 2014
Fairview - Facer
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,259 reviews

Been to Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines? Share your experiences!