“Good and Comfortable stay in St. Catharines”

Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Abbotsford, Canada
“Good and Comfortable stay in St. Catharines”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 8 days in this Inn. We are staying in this Inn for 20 years now, even before it became a Best Value Inn. The location is great, the prices reasonable, and the staff super-helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The tub in the washroom was not too clean but OK to have a good shower without second thoughts. I understand that the hotel is still under renovations (the side walk upstairs needs to be repaired, and the interior stairs where the ice machine is needs some serious renovation). However, we are very happy with this hotel and are planning in coming back anytime. We totally recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose the high floor. Rooms on Ontario Street are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marta B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my family for 2 nights for a child's sporting event. The room stated a fridge and microwave which we didn't get but the front desk lady was nice enough to put one in our room while we were at dinner the first night.
Beyond that, I was not very impressed with the level of cleanliness in our room. There was some sort of chunky food or something in our sink and the bedspreads were all pulled and losing the stuffing.
Our second day fresh towels were stained and absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke.
I had to keep asking my child to stay off the carpet because it did not looked vacuumed and my foot stuck to it in a couple of places.
The continental breakfast was small, but enough to get going. Cereal, fruit, toast, coffee, juice and milk.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Jaeme26
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2013

While driving to Niagara falls I found this inn. It is about 15 min to downtown Niagara falls and located right on the QEW on Ontario street. Rates are very reasonable, rooms are clean, and staff was very helpful in guiding us to see places. They were able to guide us to tours and directions to the falls as me and my husband are from out of the province. Plenty of parking, wifi, and a light breakfast to get the morning started. If I am returning to the Niagara area I would go back and do recommend this inn to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Avi B
Sackville, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We recently stayed at 420 Ontario Street. This Inn is in the process of being renovated. Obviously there still are repairs needed but we could see that they were making improvements. The staff did everything in their power to make our stay as comfortable as possible. They even provided us with the use of their barbeque for one of our meals!! Thanks to everyone!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adele212
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have stayed here twice, which leaves me with the impression that the quality is variable.
On the first occasion, I stayed in one of the renovated rooms in the row to the right of the office and found it very good value. It was spacious, adequately furnished, with a comfortable bed and a decent bathroom.
My second visit found me in a room which had yet to be renovated. It was comfortable, but a bit shabby, even grubby. It was something of a challenge to plug in my laptop, although the wi fi connection was excellent. The bathroom needed work, but it was okay. However, the carpet had clearly not been vacuumed, and the furniture could have used a dusting — so I was not impressed with the housekeeping.
The staff members I have dealt with are pleasant. The "deluxe" continental breakfast is not really deluxe, but it does offer three choices of cereal, muffins, English muffins, both white and brown bread, juice and coffee. Not spectacular but sufficient for a morning's refuelling.
The motel is in the process of being improved after suffering considerable neglect when it was a Travelodge franchise. Despite having some reservations, I do consider it solid value for the price, and would stay here again.
I do have concerns about the many adjoining rooms connected by inadequately soundproofed doors. If you're getting too much feed-through from noisy neighbors, call the office.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank travelling1935
Smiths Falls, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2013

found to be the cheapest, but, comparable to any in the city,,,,,enjoyed the check in and out ,,,,,,,,room was exactly what i expected for the price.........will stay again and again.......very close to restaraunts , main highway, and gas outlets..........

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jim k
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stay here occasionally whilst in town. Very affordable and quiet. Price is great and breakfast is included as well. Older motel, but still clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Fairview - Facer
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#9 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,259 reviews

Been to Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines? Share your experiences!