“Excellent Stay from far away”

Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Morrisburg, Canada
“Excellent Stay from far away”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was second time we stayed here, it was awesome.Staff were very pleasant, room was clean, bedding clean, bathroom clean. This time we needed a room on main floor, no problem, no hesitation, very accomodating. Complimentary breakfast was a very clean area, enjoyed it.
I would not hesitate to refer friends and/or family to stay there as we certainly will stay there.
Had we not been travelling a fair way, we would have stayed another night.Also, the price was reasonable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Connie804

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend. It was right off the QEW which was convenient but other than that... The comforters on the bed were still wrinkled from the last person that used the room. The carpets weren't vacuumed, the door in our bathroom looked like someone had tried to kick it in at one time as it had a huge crack through the middle of it. The door should have been replaced not just painted over. The chain lock on the door only had one piece of it left on the door jamb. And the free WIFI - forget it unless you want to sit in the lobby or go to the pool ( I was going now where near a pool in this place) those 2 places were the only place listed that you could connect to it. And my sister's room was worse.....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I usually stay at the Capri across the street but we saw their sign so we decided to go there when we got sick if the construction going on at our house. I walked in to see if there was a room available and the lady behind the desk was rude turning us away saying check in wasn't until 3. She didn't even bother to set up a reservation but shooed us out. We didn't even bother to go back we just went over to Capri and they set us up no problem.

• Stayed November 2012
Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am a student at Brock Uni and have classes just 2 days a week. There was no point in me renting an apartment nearby so I dropped into this inn and asked them if they could accommodate me for 2 days a week each week for the duration of my semester. Staff is great, rates are wonderful and the inn is very close to all amenities. I recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Anoop Singh G
Anaheim, California
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This was my first visit to St Catherines. I was hunting for old books in upper NY state and thought I'd test my new passport by ducking across the border for a few hours of investigation. As it turned out, I'd have to stay the night if i wanted to investigate some promising sites. Well, I soon discovered there are virtually no hotels in St.C!! The town itself is a timepiece from the last century.

Heading back to the Queens highway, I found the Best Value in my rearview mirror! It sits back off the street, behind a service station, which I later learned was caused by a sub division issue. I hope it is more visible from the highway, but nonetheless, keep a sharp eye out.

These are modest accomodations and they have a few years on them. But my room was clean and quiet. Furniture was mismatched. Television worked fine. Two sinks, one in the tiolet room, a valued asset for couples. And, although I didn't know until I checked out, FREE calls in North America!

Breakfast was modest and barebone. Yes, the coffee was good, orange or apple juice, toast or engiish muffin, with jelly and p/b from those little tubs. and I think I saw dry cereal in some crocks. I think this matter needs work.

Very friendly (new) management. Took time to print Google directions for me. Fair price. I hope they are successful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank graham l
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This motel was a decent value for what you received. The room was clean and a good size. It was convenient to have a light continential breakfast included, but it was very, very simple. My only suggestion for imporvement would be to have sheets that fit a bit better, they always came out from being tucked in. I thought our stay was a good one, we were comfortable and I would recomment this place to others. We stayed 4 nights and were very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kimberley C
philadelphia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

we visited this hotel two nights ago and arrive late I did not know what expect since the price was considerably less than others. It is an older hotel and the room had been refurbished, smelled clean and the beds were great and I needed sleep after a long day on the train.

The receptionist was so helpful and one benefit, unexpected and needed, since my cell did not work in canada, was free calls everywhere in Ontario. although next to the highway it was quiet

light breakfast as promised. Superb coffee and a bowl of niagar grapes on the table were great!

Room Tip: ask for a recently refurbished room away from highway.also when you turn on ontario street make the...