“Review for CBVI St Catharines”

Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
hamilton
“Review for CBVI St Catharines”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had a great experience there. I was there for two weeks for work and was living at this Inn for the duration of my trip. For the price of the Inn I thought that is was a great value. I found that my room was clean when I came and although it wasn't cleaned daily I just had to ask whenever I wanted it to be cleaned and they would happily oblige. Also there is free wifi which was nice for work, and a complimentary continental breakfast. I didn't try the pool because I didn't have time. Overall, for the price I thought it was a great value and I would stay there again when I am back for work.

Room Tip: If staying for a few days, it's my impression that you have to ask to have your room cleaned or...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
London, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were recently in town for Ribfest and everywhere was booked..We decided to stay here and we had a great weekend...Pool was fabulous! Our room was typical of an older motel. Beds were comfy and the sheets were clean. Had a nice little breakfast and staff was friendly...What more can you ask for?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2012

After reading the current reviews on tripadvisor, we booked a two night stay here while attending a wedding. I have stayed at many roadside motels, and this is really what this Inn is. Luckily we didn't spend much time at the motel. Our room was filty. I found someone elses hair in the bathtub, the sink hadn't been wiped out (there was toothpaste residue in the basin), the toilet was disgusting and I found another foreign hair in my bed. I also killed several ants that were roaming around the suite. Before staying here we stayed in a small B and B that served breakfast, and the bit of extra money that cost would have been completely worth it. Definately consider a small B and B in this area because there are lots of them that are quaint, homey and offer more bang for your buck.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carmen B
Keswick, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Wow what a disappointment, several rooms smell smokey and musty. We had to have our room vacuumed before we decided to stay. The carpet was very dirty.The whole area was booked, so we had no option but to stay. The beds were clean and it was only one night. The guy walking around at night bumming smokes was a nice touch!

Stayed August 2012
2 Thank keswickdoodle
Innisfil, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband & I recently stayed at this hotel because we attended a family function in St. Catharines. This hotel is great; I couldn't believe how nice it was for the price we paid... it even has an awesome pool (which was very refreshing on a hot day)!

The King room that we stayed in was very comfortable. It was clean, quiet and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on in a hotel. I was very pleased to find a mini fridge to keep our water cold and it is very handy to have the double sinks in the room too.

The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful with explaining the area to us (we're from out of town).

I would definitely stay in this Hotel again and I have already recommended it to other family members & friends!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank MaryAnn N
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Unfortunately our experience at this motel (rooms are accessed via parking lot) was not the same as those of the other posters. Having booked this hotel for the Wallenda Walk Weekend we did not anticipate having to spend a great deal of time in the room however we were dependent on the internet service (part of the reason why we selected this hotel). The free wifi worked well on the Friday but was non-existant on the Saturday and Sunday (also password to the lobby wifi network is NOT what was listed on the room card). In addition, one of the towels in our room upon our arrival was absolutely filthy (yellow+brown in coloration). I later found that the motel employs the eco-friendly policy of replacing towels on a need-to basis so only towels on the floor or left in the tub would get replaced. I imagine the filthy towel was used then placed back onto the towel rack by the previous customer in the room so it was not replaced. Despite the fact that front desk told us our room was one of the ones that were recently renovated, the bathroom door did not close properly due to the floor and door not being levelled (door would hit the floor when it was halfway open) subsequently requiring a fair bit of muscle to close fully. Customer service was also not particularly helpful or resourceful in comparison to those of other motels/hotels. After a rather long day, we had decided to return to the hotel and order a pizza at about midnight since we had not eaten since breakfast. The pizza place listed on the room card was closed so we called front desk (since internet was down and there is no 'nearby business listing' in the room we couldn't search for anything ourselves) to see if there were any alternatives. Front desk simply stated that there was just Boston pizza open and stated that it was on Ontario street (Large street). They did not offer to look for anything or even provide a specific address or phone number for the Boston Pizza. Walls are also quite thin so conversations in adjacent rooms are quite audible and the A/C unit can be a bit noisy so it can be difficult to sleep with it on. The breakfast has the standard fare, cereals, juices and toast. The pro's for this hotel were that aside from the filthy towel the bathroom was fairly clean (but there were a few beetles crawling out of the space between the bathroom vanity and the wall) and the location since it is located immediately off of the QEW. Unfortunately the pro's did not outweigh the cons in any measure so we will not be returning here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Megabrown
Patrick G, Front Desk at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
I am very sorry to hear that your experience was less then expected while you were here. If there were problems with your internet service, you should have contacted the front desk immediately so we could have rectified the problem for you ASAP. No other guest had any issues at all with the internet. The same applies to the towel incident. If there was a issue with any of the linen, we would have gladly given you new linens on the spot. We take pride in the fact that we are upgrading the hotel to better serve our clientele and if we are unaware of any issues our guests are having, we can not rectify the problem.
Also being that we are under a new name, our room directories have yet to be delivered to us as they only update them once a year and we were not permitted to keep the old Travelodge ones in the rooms. Again I appologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and I do hope you will let us serve you again as we are still working to make the motel an even better place to stay!
North hampton
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We recently stayed here over Father's Day weekend..We rented 2 rooms for our family as there are a few of us. The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms were clean and welcoming...New linens were on our beds and in the bathrooms. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly as we needed some tools for our truck and they accommodated us ASAP. our stay was wonderful and we will be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fairview - Facer
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines

Been to Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines? Share your experiences!