All reviews bowling alley rooftop bar coffee shop niagara falls boston pizza exercise room hockey tournament front desk person tim hortons bed was very comfortable jj floor lobby hallway wedding microwave tub
Selected filters
Reviewed November 1, 2016

Nice big spacious suite. Busy hotel but no issues with check in or noise at all. Had buffet Sunday morning in adjoining room which was outstanding. Friend used hotel as part of their wedding package and everyone was pleased with the whole experience

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2016

Stayed at this hotel while attending a conference at Brock University. Stayed in a lovely King Suite. Room had a separate sitting area and full kitchen. Service was outstanding. Room was immaculate. Would definitely stay here again. Great value. Much cheaper than staying at comparable nearby properties.

Room tip: Rooms on the 8th Floor are larger. Spend the extra $$. Get a suite!
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2016

My husband and I used Holiday Inn and blocked 24 rooms for our friends and family for our wedding. Their group rate is great and it was also nice that they have included a complimentary shuttle service for our guests. What I wasn't happy about was how disorganized they were when it came to booking the rooms and their response time. I had to send a couple of follow up emails to them before I get a response. Also, our initial agreement was for the hotel to block 15 rooms for our guests and as soon as these rooms were booked, they will automatically add 15 more rooms up to a certain date. We were able to book 15 rooms well before the cut off date and we get a call from one of our guests advising that the hotel is fully booked. After speaking to them, we were advised that they do not add 15 additional rooms automatically. I was also dealing with Samida initially when we booked the hotel then with Kimberley after, closer to the wedding. So maybe dealing with multiple people might have been the reason why we were misinformed, I'm not sure. The hotel was able to free up 9 more rooms eventually. Although I appreciate this, we were still left with a lot of guests that were unable to get a room at the hotel. We were misinformed on a lot of things and I just wish this was communicated better because then we could have avoided being in that situation.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Spring Y, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2016

Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for Posting your review of your recent stay with us. We are happy you found our facility to meet your standards.
We do apologize for the issue you encountered while planing your special event. I did pass your comments on to the proper department heads to be addressed.

If I may take a moment to explain. We do automatically open up any available rooms after your initial rooming block of 15 is booked until the cut off date or hotel becomes sold out. Once the hotel is sold out we can no longer take any reservation.

Again we do apologize for any confusion you experienced during your dealings with the hotel. We do hope you will give us the opportunity to improve upon this experience when you return to the St. Catharines area.

Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

Because of some changes in plans we ended up staying at the holiday inn for 2 weeks. It was ok at first but as we stayed longer the housekeeping nearly stopped. We had to request everything twice. The 6th floor bar is fun. The restaurant is pretty gloomy so even with the kids free breakfasts we skipped after the first day.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Spring Y, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest review of your stay with us. We do always value our guest feed back as it helps us to know where we can still grow an improve. I have passed the proper department heads your comments so they can be addressed. We do hope you will give us the opportunity to improve on your experience by being our guest again in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2016

I tried to book with our alumni group but found myself with an online reservation that was much more expensive than I had expected. My wife was surprised and upset to overpay for our room, and advised the front desk agent during our check in. We then spoke to Spring, the manager, who was sympathetic and asked me to contact our online booking agency, but after 20 minutes of trying, I was unable to get through to them on the phone. Spring then said she could help me out by calling the booking agency directly on my behalf, once the rush of customers at the front desk was dealt with. She called me in our room less than an hour later and said she was able to arrange for me to get the group rate my fellow alumni were getting. I haven't checked my credit card transactions yet, but I am sure that I'll see a credit on my account.
Spring made me feel really good about staying withHoliday Inn next time! I am confident of fair and equitable treatment with people like her managing the front desk at Holiday Inn hotels.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us. We do apologize for the issue you ran into while booking your reservation. It was our pleasure to assist you in correcting the situation so you could enjoy your stay and your reunion. We invite you to call us directly at 905-704-5644 to book any future reservations with us. thank you again for the kind words and compliment. We do look forward to having you as a guest again when you return to the Niagara Region.